Chapter 30

Today, Kotobuki, Ichinose and Ittoki were doing a variety show about magic. And Kato was backstage watching them, since she needs to meet with the QUARTET NIGHT member later.

"For today's Challenge Corner, we're doing magic! Today's theme is hat magic!" Kotobuki introduced his two juniors and a magician who stood between them. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yes." Ichinose said coolly. Whereas Ittoki had a worried look when he held the hat. "Uh, just a second..."

"Hurry up." Kotobuki said with a smile.

Ittoki was trying to hide the bunny in the hat which made Kato deadpan at him.

"Take it away, Master." Kotobuki said to the camera as he blocked the camera's view of Ittoki.

With one tap on the hat, a chicken appeared which made the audience awed.

"What a surprise! I heard a baby chick was supposed to come out." Kotobuki told the magician who whispered something to him.

"What? Oh, I see." He walked towards his two juniors and said, "Otoyan and Tokki took so long, it grew up."

And the audience laughed.

After the show was over, Kato waited for a while before heading towards their break room.

"Is it alright if I come in?" She said after she entered the room.

"You've already entered." Ichinose sighed but Kato just stuck her tongue at him.

"Hi, Kouhai-chan!"

"Kotone? What are you doing here?"

"Well--"

"She's here to see me." Kotobuki said as he walked closer to the girl. "Um, yeah. What he said."

Ichinose and Ittoki were shocked to hear the news.

"Gotta discuss his new song." Kato explained.

"Oh, right. The program's next ending song is going to be Rei-chan's solo song." said Ittoki.

"That's right."

"We were supposed to meet up back at the Master Course, but since Rei is busy, I had to come to see him." Kato sighed.

"Aw. You sounded like you didn't want to see me." Kotobuki whined.

"I have other stuff to do."

"You're so mean to me these days, Kouhai-chan!" The older male cried anime tears as the girl just sighed at him.

Ichinose and Ittoki sweatdropped at the two.

"Oh, right. As long as you're here, would you like some?" Kotobuki asked as he showed her the bento.

And as soon as Kato saw the name, her eyes lit up.

"Kotobuki-san's bento! But isn't this Tokiya's share?"

"No. This is enough for me." Ichinose answered as his own bento was shown. It was just salad.

"You're just eating those?"

"Yes."

"If you say so..."

Then the four of them sat down and began to enjoy their lunch.

"Oh! Fried chicken!" exclaimed Ittoki.

"Today's lunch looks good!" Kotobuki beamed.

"Kotobuki-san's fried chicken is the best!" Kato exclaimed as she took a bite of the chicken and savoured it. "Mmm~"