9. Prison Break

We're still going over the plan. It's getting really boring actually. "Now, according to Yuri, this is where his men have access." Reaper points to the right place on the map. "Got it?" He asks us. I nod in response.

"This isn't my first prison break." Lenny replies.

"We got it covered." Sara says.

Then I notice that Birdgirl and the kid walked in as well. "So how can we help?" Birdgirl asks.

Reaper turns them down. "By staying on the ship. We don't need any more casualties. Besides Mr. Snart, Ms. Rory and Sara have got it covered." So he does this with everyone? I really thought it was personal.

The kid isn't having it. "Whoa, man. Why does it feel like we're on the JV team all of a sudden?"

"What you are is one half of everything Savage needs to change the face of the Cold War." Grim Reaper turns to Birdgirl. "And you are the only person who can kill him."

"Yeah so you can't just-"

Reaper cuts Birdgirl off. "I am not going to gift-wrap the two people in the world that Savage wants the most."

Oh, so we're going because we're not important.

Anyway, I'm tired of this conversation. "We should get going." I say to Lenny and Sara, then we start walking out.

Reaper stops us. "Oh, Ms. Lance, Ms. Rory, could I borrow you for a moment? I have something that might help you out with the mission."

Sara and I share a look in suspicion, but follow Mr. Reaper to his office anyway. "So what did you really want to talk to us about?" I ask.

He gives us some weapons and then turns to the head. "Gideon, will you please show Ms. Lance and Ms. Rory the projection of 2016 should our rescue mission fail?"

"I'd be happy to, Captain." Of course she would. She's an AI.

She shows us that in 2016, there would be Firestorm's flying around and destroing everything. I'm not really sure why I should care about Russia though. The Bratva lives there and I hate the Bratva. The peace between them and the Triad in the '80's lasted for less than a year.

Sara does care. "So this is what will happen to Russia if we don't get Stein back?"

"Not Russia. This is Star City. The rest of the world doesn't look much better." Reaper turns to me. "In fact, it is even worse."

"That's impossible." I argue. There is still someone in 2016 that I care about. I see Sara is just as shocked as I am.

"Not if Stein creates a stable Firestorm for the Soviets. Here in 1986 they're already perilously close to creating a prototype. Listen to me, ladies. Everything, everything we've tried to achieve so far could be lost." He tells us.

He turns to Sara. "And not only will my family die 150 years from now, but your family, your city." He turns to me. "Your sister, your entire 21st century would suffer."

Sara gives me a confused look, probably because of the sister thing. But that's not her major concern right now, or mine. "That's why we're gonna get Stein back before Vostok can break him." She reminds him.

"Well, I hope so, but we need a contingency plan."

"What are you saying?" Sara asks Reaper. I think we both already know what he's saying.

"I'm saying that if at any point throughout the operation it becomes clear that Martin is... beyond our reach..."

"You want us to kill professor egghead." I finish him. He nods.