5. Birdgirl

June 1989

I run through the garden as fast as I can. I have a mission and I plan on completing it.

I notice two guards standing at the gate. I hide behind a bush, thinking of a plan. Got it.

I pick up a rock and I throw it into the lake at my right. The guards hear it. One of them goes to check it out, the other one is still standing at the gate, but he is looking at where the noise came from.

I take adventage of the situation and run to the left. He doesn't notice me so I manage to climb over the fence.

I still have to look out because a six year old girl doesn't belong in juvie. Especially not an all-boys one.

I sneak through the cat flap in the back. Everyone is asleep so I don't have to worry about people finding me.

I remember Cucky's roomnumber from when I came to pick up his letter to Ali. He asked her to prom and I'm now delivering her reply.

I love playing Cupid.

I finally find his room. I use one of my hairpins to pick the lock. I could just slip the letter under the door, but I really want to see Chucky again.

I open the door and to my suprise he is still up. "Ninja." He smiles. I hand him the letter and a lighter I found downstares. I know how much he loves fire.

"Thanks." He smiles even more when he sees the letter and the lighter. I come and sit next to him on his bed.

He opens the letter. "What does it say?" I ask.

"She wants to go to prom with me." He answers. I'm still sort of confused. "Didn't you say prom was for losers?"

"Not if I get to go with Ali." He answers me. "How are you even going to get there." I ask him. Did he not notice he's in juvie?

"I'm gonna sneak out. You do it all the time. I can do it too." He says.

I shake my head. "I don't think you fit through the cat flap."

"I'll find a way."

I think it's time to go so I give my brother a hug and I go downstares. I then pass the kitchen and that's when I see it.

On one of the tables is a jar filled with candy. There's all sorts of candy inside including licorice. I open the jar and start picking out the licorice.

I have about a handfull when somebody taps on my shoulder. Damn it.

I turn around and see a boy that's a bit younger then my brother, but not much.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks. He has a really slow voice. I want to hide under the table right now, but instead I get myself together. Like I do with dad.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I say grinning.

I expect him to wake someone up or something but instead he holds his hand out.

"Leonard Snart." He introduces himself.

"Kate Rory." I do the same.

"As in Mick's sister?" He asks.

"You know my brother Lenny?" I'm curious now.

"Only my sister calls me that." He says.

"Well now she's not the only one anymore." I stick my tongue out at him.

He's quiet for a moment. Probably thinking about what to do with me now. Eventually he laughs. "You should get out of here. Mr. Smithers is starting his 1 am check up soon."