8. The Bratva

I can hear a beeping sound. I hear some people around me. 2 people, I think. I feel someone holding my hand. It's a small, soft hand. One that I immedietly recognise as Sara's.

I try to open my eyes, since I'm obviously not dead. If I was, I would be in hell and if I was in hell, Sara wouldn't be holding my hand.

When I open my eyes I see the second person in the room. Lenny is staring at a set of cards. We always used to play cards together. Being on the ship, we forgot about that. The ship. Is that where I am?

"Kate, you're awake!" Sara exclaims when she sees my eyes are open.

"Hey sleepyhead." Lenny says, putting the cards down and coming over to me.

"What hapenned?" I ask. I realise Chucky isn't here. He wouldn't leave me alone if I was hurt.

"You were shot. Mick heard you screaming and he found you. You weren't even invisible anymore." Sara tells me.

"Where is he?" I ask, already afraid of the answer.

Lenny is the one to answer me this time. "He, Ray and the professor got taken by Savage and his new friends."

I try to calm myself down. It's not the best idea to have a panick attack right now. Plus, it would be really embarrassing. "But that doesn't mean he's dead, right?"

"No." They say together.

Sara continues: "Savage needs information from Professor Stein. He'll keep them alive."

I sigh. "I guess torture is better than dead." I go to sit on the edge of the chair. It doesn't hurt so I stand up. That doesn't hurt either. Awesome...

"Where do you think you're going?" Lenny asks me.

"To get a shower."

He's deciding whether or not he should let me. But I don't give him the chance. I'm already out of the door.

---

I go to my room after the shower, I remember leaving some licorice under my pillow. I'm gonna need some energy before I can go hurt Reaper for letting this happen.

I find Sara sitting in the chair with my licorice. "Coming to get some licorice before you're gonna beat the crap out of Rip?"

"No." I lie.

She gives me a look.

"Yes."

She smiles and tosses me the bag. I catch it and I sit down on the bed. "How did this happen?" I wonder.

Sara starts explaining everything. Egghead and Jax' fight. The Soviet Firestorm. Haircut's stupidity. The attempt on rescuing Haircut, Lenny and the professor. How Grim Reaper didn't tell Sara and birdgirl about all of this. And how Chucky got taken instead of Lenny.

The more she tells me, the angrier I get. "I'm gonna kill Grim Reaper. Where's my knife?"

"Or, you could try not to hurt him and let him save your brother." Sara suggests. She's really comfortable with my murderous thoughts.

"I like my idea better." I stuff my mouth with licorice. "Where's my knife?" I ask again.

She hands it over and starts walking out. Before she leaves, she turns around. She opens her mouth to say something, but then she stops herself. She has an inner debate on what to say, so I just wait. "I'm glad you're alright." She eventually says. Then she walks out.

That was probably not what she was going to say, but I'll get to that later. For now I toss the empty bag of licorice in the trash can and I go to the bridge.