Meets onlt the surface

Bambiis P.O.V
I received a text and, I wasn't shocked to see it was Jabari saying he was five away thank god I cleaned earlier so I didn't have to worry about cleaning up the place but, my mom was still sleep I'd feel bad waking her up but she did say that she wanted to meet him. So I walked into her room seeing her still passed out the t.v now watching her instead of her watching it tapping her on the shoulder lightly "hey hey mama wake up I want you to be up when my friend comes over" I felt really weird saying that I don't now why probably because i don't have friends but, it felt kinda good to say that seeing my mom slowly waking up sitting up in her bed "hmmmm huh what did you say baby .?" I grabbed her face telling her that Jabari was going to be here real soon. Before I could even get finished I heard the doorbell ring 3 times alerting me that he was here sooner then I expected.
"Ohh mami that's him I'll bring him back here" waking to the front of the living room opening up the door seeing that tall black muscular frame Jabari wearing a dry fitted black shirt and some gray sweat shorts and some black slides "ayyy wassup bro I ain't have shit to do so I came over right away hope you good on that"
" yuh yuh that's fine I wasn't. Doing nothing I just woke up my momz you can come to the back and; meet her right quick I said grabbing his bag as he was walking in leading him to the back my mom nearly awake turning towards us smiling "ahhh you must be the secret fella that's been accompanying my son". She said reaching out her hand to shake his "oh yes ma'am sorry I didn't formally introduce myself that's my apologies I'm Jabari ma'am it's nice to meet you."
I was taken a back seeing how respectful and, kind Jabari wasn't being I mean. I'd hope not towards elders but, it's not so often I see it close up because I mean he's gotten better but, he's always more harsh towards me making me feel some typa if way but, I glad him, being sweet to my momz she deserves all the respecting in the world." I was in my own world I didn't even realize my mom was trying to get my attention "Bambii hello you there??" I snapped out of it respond to her question letting her know I was back "my bad ma what did you say?"
" I said if you're friend isn't busy or have anything to do he's more then welcomed to stay over that way y'all can get in good studying plus it is the begging of the weekend it sounded like my mom wanted me to make plans."
" huuuh i mean I'm sure he has more important things to do he'd rather be somewhere els then here longer then he has to be ma" I objected
"Well Jabari do you have any plans that would cause you to leave early?" My mother asked him putting him on the spot
"Ummmm I mean there was a party I was going to attend to later but, I mean besides that I didn't have any plans but; I probably wasn't gonna go anyways so it's fine really."
" ohhh son that's okay since y'all seem to be getting along you could take Bambii with you he doesn't get out that much I'd be good for him to make some new friends"
"Maaaaa." I exclaimed giving her a side eyes
"Whaaaaat it's true Bam"
"It is not ma I have people I hang with"
"And who might that be and, online game people don't count." She said bluntly
I swear I turned 2 shades of red with embarrassment and, I look over seeing Jabari just covering up his face from laughing at me
"Mannn okay ma even if so you can't just put me in his plans like that ma" my mother looked at him
"I know this is sudden but would you mind taking my son out for a little ya know let him get to know new people if you don't mind.?"
"Ma you can-
"Nahhh I don't mind at all in fact I'd be happy to ma'am" he said with a genuine smile
I looked at him like he was crazy
"Gooood good well looks like y'all have the day set and, so do I catching up on some sleep now will y'all two be some dolls and close the door don't let the it hit ya where god splits ya" she said getting back cozy turning back to the t.v Jabari just laughed walking out leaving me standing there confused shaking my head
( 45 minutes later )
Jabaris P.O.V
Mann fuck this math shit my brain hurts I'm done I'm fucking done b I exclaimed angry at the stupid ass problem
"Hey hey now you literally got this one problem left don't get mad now come On let's just go back to the 3rd step and recalculate the formula alright "Bam tried to calm me down so I was still annoyed as fuck but, sucked my teeth looking at him really I wanted to shake him down " man hurry up or, I'm out 😒"
He grabbed the pencil from me rewriting the math problem much neater then I did
"Okay now that's it's more spaced out and we're back in step 3 what do you see that you might have missed in the other formula remember A square+ B square is always going to = C square I looked at the problem seeing if I could point out the error of my mistake
"Ahhhhh ok ok ok damn I was combining two formulas together...?" I questioned
"Seeeee now you've got it .You can point out your own faults now; finish up that problem I'll check it and, I'll write out the two formulas you'll need to know for the upcoming week and, we can go off of that when the time comes.
After about 25 minutes passed of me checking over the work and finishing up the other makeup work we were free to do as we pleased I was quite nervous because I'm not social I have no clue what to talk about but then it dawned on my the party. " sooo i ummm ummmm were you really going to take me to that party later .?" He asked me sounding worried  I looked at him lost " huuuh yuh I told ya momz I'd take you out and, by the sounds of it sounds like you need to get out and do some shit ; but since you gone be with my I gotta clean you up a lil"
"Huuuh the hell dose that mean I'm not no bum you ass" He said annoyed  like I gave  him not credit of style which I didn't "pffst I've got style"
"Shut the fuck up now I ain't say all that shit now did Now just hush up and, listen now Ight now we gone head to my place and, I guess since you helping me in the education stuff I can help you clean up. Now imma go pack my stuff up don't say shit just hurry up and, bring ya ass on before he could get our a proper comeback I walked out the door heading to the car.
(5 mins later ) I saw Lil dude walking out slowing getting inside the car and, he just started at me with his big light green eyes making me feel weird " fuck out my face like that what's wrong. Whicha I grunted at him
"Dang sorry I thought you was gone say sumin that's all ." He said barley above a whisper leaning back into the passengers seat putting in his headphone and staring out the window , I just kept quite turning my radio on low heading to my house.