I frowned walking towards him, it was not like him at all. He was not like him. It seemed off. As I reached his side of the bed, I sat down beside him and touched his forehead to check if he had a fever.

My doubt was correct. He was indeed having a fever, high fever. Without wasting time I went straight to the kitchen and took out a bowl. I filled it with cold water, took a piece of cloth, and went straight to his room.

I sat on his bed at the corner and kept the bowl of water on the side table. I decided to not wake him. I soaked the cloth in the water, peeled the excess water, and kept on his forehead. However, Vansh felt something and opened his eyes a bit, he looked up at me with his half-lidded eyes. His eyes looked tired.

"Sleep," I said and patted his face.

He obliged but turned towards me and rested his head in my lap. I stroked his hair and he let out a soft noise of approval before falling in deep slumber.

****

I just finished cooking some healthy food for him and walked towards his room.

"Vansh, get up" I yelled, trying to wake him up. I walked towards his side of the bed, kept the plate of food on the table, and then shook him.

"Vansh" he groaned and opened his eyes. He looked here and there, and then at me and plopped on his pillow, to sleep again.

"VANSH, get up would you?" I yelled. He groaned, sighed, and got up. He blinked a few times before registering everything.

"What is happening?" he croaked out, rubbing his eyes. His eyes were red because of all the rubbing.

"You, my dear human, are having a fever." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Fever? I don't think-" he said keeping his hand backward and then palm on his forehead to check when I cut him off.

"Obviously you don't. The reason you have a fever" I said. He huffed and tried to get up. Keyword - tried. I did not let him get up. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him down on the bed.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"To take a bath." he said in a 'duh tone'

"No, you cannot take a bath for 24 hours. So shut up and sit and eat" I shoved him again.

"Who are you to say that I can't take a bath?" He challenged me. Was he for real? Being his wife, I can tell him. I have that right on him.

"I am-"

"If I want to I will take a bath. Who are you, my mother? Oh wait you don't know what a mother is, you never had one." he snapped.

My jaw just hit the floor. Just because he was not feeling good, he cannot take it out on me.

"Fine" I got up and took long strides towards the door.

"Do whatever you want, I don't care."I opened the door but turned again. "If you say something, like that again. I promise you will have a fever for your entire life" I went out of his room, practically closing the door with a loud bang.

****

I was in the living room, watching badminton matches, and basically fuming.

"She doesn't even know how to play. TO THE LEFT, HER BACKHAND SHOTS ARE NOT POWERFUL" honestly this girl couldn't play. I don't know how she reached there. I was yelling at the tv when I heard footsteps. I knew who it was. There were only two of us living in the house.

I took a glance at the watch above the television. It was two in the afternoon. I had completed all the work, took a long hot shower, patiently blow-dried these stupid long hair, and watched this stupid girl play at the international level.

He came and sat down on the sofa beside me. He was wearing different clothes. I was not sure if he took a shower or not because his hair seemed the same I saw in the morning. But if he did then I'm going to flip.

"Ahaana" he called me and I ignored him. He will have to try harder. He called me a few times but I ignored him.

"Ahaana baby, please listen to me" he pleaded and whined. I melted inside but didn't show it. I turned my head towards him and asked emotionlessly.

"What?" I asked harshly.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot," he said, taking my hand in his hands.

"So?"

"Please don't be like this," he said, giving me those puppy eyes I'm weak for.

"Like what? You cannot just say anything like that to me. That's a very sensitive topic for me. I have not said this to anyone, not even Sakshi, and all you say is this? If you have a problem with your father then that's okay, but you cannot take your frustration out on me. I am not your punching bag."

"I know, I am sorry, I was just upset." he pleaded.

He has to try harder. What he said was pretty harsh. I was continuously bullied, when I was younger, for not having a relationship with my mother.

I have had enough. If I would have forgiven him easily, it would have become his habit to take me for granted. Your respect is in your hands. Sometimes you have to keep that big boulder on your fragile heart to prevent it from breaking into pieces.

****

****

Hey Potatoes,

I hope you had an amazing day :)

I updated yayy! I know I'm a bit late but here me out! I had writer's block, so it was hard for me to write. But I did! Also this is kinda a filler chapter. 

I will be rewriting/extending all the chapters AFTER I finish writing the whole book. My main motive is to complete this book as soon as possible.

And thank you@Fizaxbieber  for this amazing cover. I love this so much!

I will update the next chapter soon. Till here leave a comment to keep me motivated!

Also, This part is NOT EDITED, which means it contains tons of mistakes :). I will correct them as and when possible.

Make sure to vote for the chapter and comment. Also add the book the your library to never miss any update.

Ishita :)