Day 9 Reassurance

Day 9

Even today Vansh was not acting like himself. There was something wrong about him which I was not able to understand. He didn't eat his breakfast, was not talking at all during lunch, and was working the entire day.

I tried to start the conversation but all my efforts went in vain. Now if I wanted him to speak, I had to do something different. Maybe then he would kind of shout or say something as to what was wrong?

I prepared a tray of good food for him. Aalo Pharata, Dahi and lassi. I took the tray and went to the study room. I knocked on the door and waited for the response.

After waiting for 2 seconds and getting no reply, I decided to go in. The sight in front of me was as expected. Vansh was doing his work wearing pajamas and a t-shirt.

I took a long breath and marched towards the table, and kept the tray on the table. More like smashed it on the table. He jumped and was taken aback. He narrowed his eyes on me.

I was beyond angry at that point. Who the hell did he think of himself. First, he would act weird and then get angry at me?

Oh no. You don't get to do that.

"If you are done working on these VERY IMPORTANT things, here, eat some food. Hope you have some time for this unimportant thing" I smiled mockingly at him and then gave him a blank look.

"I am not hungry." He said in a monotone, gave me a blank look, and started working.

Was he for real? Angry was an understatement.

"I made this food and you have to eat it" I stared down at him.

"I am not hungry"

"I don't care," I shouted.

"I AM NOT EATING" he shouted back.

"Fine then. Don't eat" I took the tray and marched towards the kitchen. I kept the plate on the counter and went to my room.

After changing from the blue top to my favourite oversized t-shirt and letting my hair down, I went to take a walk around the place. The place where we were staying was really close to the beach, but there were some trees in the way towards the beach from the building, and also some benches.

I went to the beach and sat on the sand for a few minutes. The sun was about to set. There was no one like me on the beach. Everyone else was either with their family or friends. My anger turned into remorse, sadness.

Vansh was suddenly acting so cold towards me, it hurt me a lot. He even shouted at me, making me feel unnecessary and at fault when I was not. I blinked back my brimming tears and kept looking at the sky above me.