Day 15 Kisses

Day 15

Vansh

I met Ahaana when I was seventeen. She took admission to my school in the eleventh standard. I was instantly drawn to her. I wanted to be her friend. I wanted to get to know her, but I held myself back, trying not to scare her.

I was on my school sports team. On the days of trials, I saw her trying out for athletics. She was gifted. She was the fastest runner on the school team. She even excelled in Javelin throw and long jump.

That made her more interesting. She didn't try to get attention but her personality attracted attention, demanding attention. The moment she stepped on the ground, even the boys knew that she would win.

She always watched all the matches, be it any sport, with so much interest. And surprisingly knew about sports. She was not among those girls who would watch boys playing just for their attention or getting in their good books.

Manier times the boys would talk to her to get tips on how to play, to get her view. The other girls, who stuck to her were mostly for boys' attention and popularity, but she didn't care about these things. Boys did give Ahaana attention but it was more than that, not stupid flirting.

I was a year older than Ahaana. I was her senior.

I, only once in school, talked to her. We all were playing volleyball. She was on my side of the team. She was a setter and I was the smasher. I asked her to set the ball in a particular place. She did as I asked her to and I smashed the ball to get a point.

She turned her head towards me and gave me a hi-fi.

"That was so amazing," she said, giving me a wide smile, her eyes twinkling in the sun.

My heart honestly skipped a beat. But my happiness was short-lived. I had to move out of the school. That was the last time I saw her as a teenager. After almost 9 years I saw her again.

She was sitting there in the waiting area of my big office. She was there to get a job. My senior gave me her resumè along with others to cross-check. Her resumè was honestly amazing. She had done so many audits of big firms as a Senior Auditor. She must have been getting a handsome amount of salary in her previous firm. I wonder why she left.

She was wearing a white shirt and a black pencil skirt, looking beautiful as always. She was a really bubbly girl but grown up to be a really responsible woman. All these years passed but she still had some kind of magic effect on me, not as I complain about it.

I was brought back to reality when someone shifted near me. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. Ahaana was cuddled up to me. Her face was on my chest and my hand enclosed her.

I loved sleeping next to her, cuddling with her. She again shifted, this time she came closer and frowned. She was going to have a really bad headache and maybe a stomachache when she wakes up. The day before, this woman decided she was going to drink for the first time in her lifetime.