It was a silver snake necklace with diamonds.

"Oh my gosh dad thank you so much."

I threw my hands to dad's neck and hugged him tightly.

"Your welcome my little snake." He smiled.

"Let me put it on for you." My dad said.

I turned around and lifted my hair while he placed the necklace on my neck.

"I was supposed to give this to your mother but I was too late. Who better to give this than to you."

I looked at my dad and saw the hurt in his eyes. He really loved my mother. I don't know how I will feel if I lost someone I loved.

I just hugged my dad tightly.

"Oh there is one more gift for you it is from your godfather."

I looked at him confused, "I thought Uncle Luci already gave me his gift."

"Not Lucius your other godfather."

"I have another godfather?" I asked stunned by the thought of another godfather that I haven't met.

"Yes his name is Remus Lupin. Your mother chose him." He spat his name like it was filthy.

"I suppose you don't like him very much." I asked while smirking.

"Oh no I don't like him at all."

I chuckled

He passed me the gift. I opened it and it was a charm bracelet. It has a moon in it. I smiled. There was a letter from him and I read it.

Dear Samantha

Happy 11th birthday! I sincerely apologize that I have missed all 11 of your birthdays. You probably don't know me but I am your godfather. My name is Remus Lupin but you can call me Uncle Moony. That is what your mother used to call me. I doubt Severus told you anything about me. I really miss you. The last time I saw you, you were just a baby. I know you want to know why I didn't see you at all after all these years but I simply cannot. I was in a dark place when your mother died, I just can't be with a child. I was afraid that I can hurt you. And even if I wanted to see you I doubt Severus will let me near you. But I am good now. If you want you can visit me I would love to see you. Here is my address **  ********** ***** . I hope you can come cub.

                                           Love
                                                Uncle Moony

I looked at my dad and gave the best puppy dog eyes I could muster.

He looked at me and said, "No we are not going to that place."

"Come on dad please I want to meet him. He is my Godfather." I pleaded.

My dad looked at me and then I saw him softened his eyes. I already knew I won.

"Fine but we will not be staying long."

I hugged him and ran upstairs to change.