Earth Mode ON: FOURTY NINE

Start from the beginning

Before I even knew it, we were standing in front of the operation room. Namjoon and I took a deep breath before opening the first door and sliding the curtain to the side only to be met with some doctors, nurses and four beds, two of which contained Yoongi and Jungkook. The moment we entered, we found Yoongi sitting on the side of his bed, holding tight to his blankets. His face was still pale and he still seemed cold, but at least his lips took a lighter shade of blue. Once Yoongi noticed that the door was opened, he instantly recognized Namjoon without any second thoughts, and before I could even register anything around me, Yoongi threw his blankets on the floor and I found him and Namjoon running towards each other. They engulfed one another in a bone-crushing hug and allowed themselves to cry.

I fought my urge to go and crush Yoongi's fragile body in a hug as well and just held my arm as I watched the two brothers cry in each other's arms. Nothing was heard but the faint voices of the people outside the operation room and the heavy sobbing of the two men as they enjoyed each other's embrace.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm safe," Yoongi said as he held Namjoon's shirt tighter. Namjoon's large body shook against Yoongi's relatively small one as he sobbed. My eyes watered up as I watched the scene in front of me. The doctors and nurses present in the room decided to give the three of us some privacy and exited the area as quick as they could.

After sharing a very long hug, they both decided to pull away and look at each other.

"Okay, stop crying now. I don't like it," Yoongi said to Namjoon who immediately obeyed.

I watched as Namjoon smiled at his hyung's order and wiped his tears away as fast as he possibly could. Yoongi wiped his own tears too before giving Namjoon an extremely wide smile.

"You should cover yourself up again. Your body still needs to warm up," Namjoon said and bent down to pick up Yoongi's blankets before wrapping them as tightly as possible around Yoongi.

They shared a few good moments before Yoongi noticed my presence. He had no idea who I was, and it was too obvious, so Namjoon took it upon himself to do the introductions.

"Yoongi hyung, this is Seo Yeon. She is part of our family, and an ARMY. She is one of the reasons why we found you," He said and looked at me proudly, making me blush and look down.

I bowed down to him and tried to hold myself back from doing anything. If I let myself go, I'd probably run up to him, hug him and never let him go.

"She is an ARMY?!" Yoongi asked Namjoon with shock and his eyes widened.

"Yeah, she is," Namjoon replied with a wide smile.

Yoongi walked towards me and then paused right in front of me. I felt my breath become uneven when I realized that the great Min Yoongi was standing right in front of me, not to mention also that he was my (bias wrecker) wrecker. I slapped my ARMY brain once more, but then all forms of self control seemed to have paused when he held my hand in his and shook it. It wasn't the first time I've held Yoongi's hand; it was the second, but it still felt surreal.

"I feel really happy that the one person who contributed to saving my life belongs to our family. Thank you very much," He said as he shook my hand.

I faced a sudden case of speechlessness since my vocal chords felt paralyzed. My breath hitched when he bowed to me, showing me great amounts of respect I never thought I'd receive from anyone. I bowed down to him too and managed to say," There is no need to thank me," But after stuttering a good amount of times.

He gave me a very cute gummy smile and returned back to his bed then took a look at Jungkook's body. My smile disappeared, and so did Namjoon's when we all saw his state. He was wrapped all around with a lot of blankets, but his face still looked the same, pale and frozen. The sight of him like that made me feel suffocated so I tried to look away, but I couldn't. It reminded me of my dead father. I didn't want Jungkook to end up that way too.

"Poor Jungkook. He had to go through a lot," Yoongi suddenly said, captivating our full attention.

"W-what happened to you two?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi sighed before saying," It is a long story."

The two of us respected the fact that he didn't feel like saying anything at the moment and kept silent. The silence that surrounded us was not the deadly type, rather the comfortable one. Being in this area was giving me mixed emotions, and I didn't know exactly how I felt except that I was that Yoongi was alright.

"By the way, do you know anything about the rest of the members?" Yoongi suddenly asked Namjoon.

Namjoon and I looked at each other for a moment, contemplating whether telling Yoongi about this was the best option at the moment. Yoongi had to go through so much at the moment, so I believed that telling him about the whereabouts of the rest of the members will only make things worse because we didn't have access to the other tent. Namjoon seemed to understand the look that I gave him, so he looked down and shook his head.

"We haven't heard anything about them. Actually, we were hoping that we would get some news about them before the soldiers get the tents sealed," Namjoon said while fiddling with his fingers. Yoongi seemed to notice how nervous Namjoon was, so he probably guessed that he didn't want to talk about that topic any further.

"Oh yeah, what is going on with this sealing thing? Are they starting a competition now over who can kill the most citizens?" He asked, making the two of us chuckle.

"No, they put it up to protect us from the snowstorm," Namjoon answered then I took my chance to ask him.

"Why did you leave though when the soldeirs were sealing off the place?" I asked him.

He knitted his eyebrows and said," I think I left before those soldeirs came because I didn't see anyone."

●●●●●●●●

●●●●●●●●

Hello my lovelies!

New update!

(this chapter is dedicated to Asterhythm)

Yoongi is finally awake! Now all we have to wait for is Jungkook. There is more and more for me to write so I'm pretty excited... we are already on chapter 49! Also, this book is nearly at 4K views and 1K votes so THANK U SM! I LA-LA-LA-LA-LOVE YOUUUU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

Don't forget to take care and love yourselves,

Thank you all,

I love you,

-R 💜💜