Loki Trouble Odinson

—-Loki—-

I wake up in a panic, there's someone here. There's a man holding a syringe above me... I go to attack him but my hands are restrained to the bed... I'm in a bed. 'Where am I?' 'Who is that man?' For a moment I'm in complete panic unable to remember how I was knocked out in the first place. I only remember heat... heat meant Thanos, Thanos or one of his Black Order... 'But they're dead... right?' I can't think.

The man has left now he took off the moment I lunged at him. All I feel now is fear. 'Who is going to come for me now?' My mind is fuzzy and confused I'm bombarded by memories of things I have tried to forget. I feel myself involuntarily shaking as I try to break the restraints, I need to get out of here before he comes back with help.

Suddenly the door bursts open I instinctively cower away though I'm prepared to at the very least attempt to defend myself. I hear the words of the Other replaying loudly in my mind as I feel silent tears making their way down my face from the anticipation of what tortures Thanos has in store for me. I feel a hand take mine and panic, drawing a dagger. I'm filled with near immeasurable relief at the voice I hear next.

"Lo' hey it's ok, we're home, in a hospital in Tønsberg, you're safe."

The voice belongs to Sam. I look up to see Sam and Thor in front of me. I'm so relieved I don't even care that Thor has seen me break down yet again. I drop my dagger onto the floor too exhausted to use my magic to put it away properly, I then let my arms fall limp it had been hard to move them. Thor puts in a combination on a panel beside the bed and the cuffs release me. I'm so tired my limbs feel like lead. Everything comes flooding back to me as I lie back down.

From previous experiences with this type of extreme reaction whilst at the mercy of Thanos the Other and Ebony Maw I quickly deduce that the unusual amount of heat from the flame Pyro directed at me triggered that same adverse reaction that's likely unique to Frost Giants. Sam takes my hand again and wipes a tear from my eye then without an exchange of words Sam leans down and her lips meet mine. When she eventually pulls away I smile at her. She looks like she's been through Hel, I force my heavy arm up and rest my hand on her cheek.

"I'm sorry it seems I've caused you trouble again..."

She smiles and shrugs off all the anxiety this has surely caused her. Casting it away as if it never mattered. She takes my hand from her cheek holding it close to her heart.

"I'm alright... well at least I am now. Besides trouble is your middle name... and Loki Trouble Odinson I love you."

"I love you too mortal."

I smile genuinely at this I love her, I love her with my very being. She steps away allowing my brother to see me. Thor hugs me though I feel tired I have to say it's not exactly unwelcome, not after the terror I felt before when I'd first woken up I hug him back.

"I'm alright you oaf."

He pulls away smiling.

"Lady Death is probably quite vexed with you brother."

It's true I've alluded her more often than most, I chuckle slightly.

"She's going to have to get used to disappointment."

He puts his hand at my neck.

"You'd be wise to stop teasing her."

'Fine I'll tease you instead.'

"What would you know about being wise?"

He chuckles.

"Not much I suppose."

He pats my shoulder before getting up.

"Get some rest brother you need your strength back before Sunday."

He throws Sam a smile as he says this. Then walks out the door. I look around the room noticing a small table with objects on it. There are get well cards and other such gifts Midgardians customarily give to people in the hospital. Sam follows my gaze smiling. I'm confused I don't know of anyone besides Peter who would do something like that for me but there's so much there it can't only be him.

"Who...?"

Sam smiles a little brighter.

"Peter, Tony, Steve, Bruce, Scott, Bucky, Wanda... should I go on?"

I'm really surprised by this. 'Did they truly care?' 'Had I earned their trust and also gained acceptance?' ...I'm suddenly flooded with worry. 'What if they know my true form?'

"Do they... do they know?"

"No Thor told them it was an Asgardian thing they don't know, that's for you to tell them if you ever feel like it."

I'm relieved by this. I wouldn't want them to know it's just another reason to be wary of me. I glance again at the table full of gifts and feel my lips form into a smile. Sam comes and lays down next to me clinging to me. I sigh seeing wisps of steam coming from her nose and mouth as she breaths. It's freezing in here.

"I can see your breath Sam. It's too cold in here for you."

She looks at me sadly as if she had hoped I wouldn't notice. I brush some hair from her face.

"Please I'm alright now, you should get some rest too go back to the house, say hello to Vili for me."

"I can't sleep there... it's too lonely."

I kiss her on the cheek.

"Then rest where you feel most comfortable, but not in here you'll freeze."

She sits up in defeat then nods.

"I'll be just down the hall."

"I'll be here."

She reluctantly leaves I find myself almost immediately falling back to sleep.