Literal Snake on a Plane

—-Sam—-

—-Sam—-

When we get back to the Blackbird we begin loading on as Jean uses her abilities to patch the hole in the window Mjölnir made when I called it. As Loki passes Jubilee carrying Vili onto the plane she looks horrified

"I cannot believe you're just letting him take that thing onto the Blackbird!"

Jubilee looks at Scott then back to Vili in disgust as I follow him onto the Blackbird. Gambit smirks as he passes her to take his seat knowing just how to get under her skin.

"You scared petite?"

"No! It's... it's just gross!"

Laura momentarily takes a seat next to Loki where the snake is curiously exploring the chair and strokes the snake a little, attention that Vili soaks up.

"I think she's kinda cute."

Jubilee looks at her mortified and Laura laughs. Laura rolls her eyes, strokes the snake once more, then gets up and takes a seat with Jubilee on the other side of the plane. I take a seat next to Loki.

"Don't listen to Jubilee Vili you're the prettiest snake I've ever seen."

As we take off Vili slithers her way around my arm then around Loki's arm we are tied together by the snake. Kitty giggles when she sees this.

"She ships you guys."

Xavier turns his head from the conversation he's currently having with Hank and looks at us in surprise. I feel my cheeks go red. He didn't know about us he doesn't go poking around in peoples minds without their consent. I wanted to break the news to him carefully but now the cat was out of the bag.

I can feel the professor's question lingering in my head. 'Ok come over here we'll talk to you.' I'm suddenly very nervous. Loki sees this and coaxes Vili onto him then puts a hand on my arm. The professor makes his way over to us on a spare wheelchair we had in the jet. We sit in silence for a moment he simply observes us.

"So, you're Loki."

Loki looks... intimidated? No that's not the right word he looks nervous. Loki knows that the professor is one of the most important people in my life.

"Yes."

To my relief Xavier holds out his hand

"I feel we haven't been properly introduced I'm Professor Charles Xavier."

Loki looks surprised I think he thought he was about to hear a lecture he takes Xavier's hand and shakes it.

"Loki Odinson Prince of New Asgard."

"And an Avenger I hear."

"Yes."

Loki smiles a little in relief that the professor has refrained from bringing up New York. The professor gives me a look and I know what he's asking without him even needing telepathy 'He can be trusted, I trust him.' I show Xavier some memories of Loki and I, the professor nods.

"It was nice meeting you Odinson."

He rolls away back to Hank. I sense he still hasn't made up his mind but I'm thankful for his civility with Loki and I don't shield those emotions with any sort of mental block they're out in the open for Xavier to pick up on. He could just probe Loki's mind and see for himself that Loki can be trusted.

However this is only the first time they've met and he probably gets the sense that Loki wouldn't be comfortable with Xavier in his head. He'd be right I doubt that would go over well. Loki senses there's something he's not picking up on and looks at me anxiously. It's kind of adorable. I smile at him then whisper.

"Xavier isn't sure about you yet but you're on the right track."

He smiles a little in relief. Truly adorable. I kiss him on the cheek then lean up against him Vili wraps herself around both of us again and I giggle at the snake. I catch Logan watching us from his seat and smiling he quickly gets rid of it and turns away. At least I don't have to worry about his opinion of us anymore. We end up sleeping wrapped up with Vili the majority of the ride home exhausted from our adventure in the Savage Land.