Thanksgiving

The next day

—-Sam—-

Finally it's almost time to leave for Drekka's to actually do Thanksgiving. I get everyone's attention.

"Guys it's almost turkey time! I mean I don't know if Drekka's has turkey or not but regardless it's time to stuff our faces."

Mary looks very excited at the prospect of 'stuffing our faces' and quickly gets her winter gear on.

"Yuss! Hurry up slowpokes!"

Kurt teleports around the room trying to find his shoes (I've already explained to him that this town is full of literal aliens and he doesn't need to worry about being judged for his appearance he seems very relieved by this fact) Jubilee and Laura put the PS3 controllers down and start getting ready. Logan and Ororo grab their coats. Loki conjures up a coat to avoid them asking questions.

I wish he knew he didn't have to do that, I mean he should Kurt's literally standing right there. I know he hates anything to do with that part of himself though. I really wish he didn't that form is beautiful not that his Asgardian form isn't also stunning, I'd just like to see the other form again. He's only showed it to me once. I guess that's not really what's important.

After yesterday I just don't want him to feel anxious and if a coat will help him do that then I guess he should go for it. Soon we're all filing out the door. We don't exactly have enough space for everyone in the car so we have to walk thankfully it's not icy.

We enjoy an awesome meal as usual Ferdi is our server. As we sit we talk. Thor, Storm, and I somehow end up discussing effective lightning attack strategies. We all end up swapping battle stories and Thor shares some embarrassing childhood stories about himself and Loki. As were leaving the restaurant I give Loki a kiss on the cheek and whisper.

"See everything went just fine."

When I pull away he gives me a small smile and nods slightly. We head home and we all nap for a while but later that evening we're board. Mary suggests going to the movies to see a new DCEU movie. It's Justice League: Apokolips War and if it's anywhere near as good as the Russo Brothers' previous projects like Batman: Red Hood and Batman: Tower of Babble it should be great.

It's the biggest movie of the year with big names attached to it like Scarlet Johansson, Chris Evans, and Robert Downey Jr. It was supposed to come out earlier this year in the summer but the movie industry seems to be moving in slow motion now with the writers and actors strikes going on with their ends nowhere in sight. Hopefully a fair deal can be agreed upon soon. We all agree that that sounds like fun and as we walk down the road we talk about it. Mary looks at me excitedly.

"I'm so excited! Which DCEU movie is your favorite?"

"My favorite would have to be Green Lantern Corps. James Gunn is a genius my biggest regret is not seeing that in the theater when it came out. I saw Chip the squirrel in the trailer and skipped it I thought it was dumb, boy was I an idiot!"

"You skipped it?! How am I related to you?!"

I laugh.

"Hey I said I was wrong! I apologize sincerely!"

Kurt chimes in

"The soundtrack for that movie is amazing!"

"Right?!"

Jubilee yawns.

"Well I prefer Red Hood."

Laura eyes her teasingly.

"Why do I get the feeling it's not just due to the amazing story?"

Jubilee laughs.

"What can I say? I have a type and my type is Sebastian Stan's Jason Todd."

I know just how to get on her nerves.

"Isn't he the villain?"

"EXCUSE ME?! JASON IS NOT A VILLAIN!!"

I laugh, Uh oh I just pissed off a Jason stan. We continue bantering until we reach the theater.

——————————————————————

We all leave the theater not really knowing what to think, the Justice League lost. Darkseid gained control over the Anti-Life Equation and so many characters had died. Laura is pissed.

"What the fuck?! Why didn't Aquaman go for the head?!?!"

Jubilee also looks mad. Even though Arthur is played by one of the least hatable actors alive (Chris Hemsworth) its impossible to deny the frustration.

"Right?! and why did Booster Gold have to ruin everything by loosing his temper!"

The same goes for Chris Pratt's character. 'How did this movie manage to make me mad at him?!' I'm also still shocked. They had killed off my favorite villain within the first ten minutes of the film!

"How the fuck did they just kill off Ocean Master like that?? I mean he has to come back right?! He's THE BEST CHARACTER!!"

I'm so sad that my favorite character is dead, Tom Hiddleston did an amazing job portraying him. Loki chimes in.

"Forget all of that, Darkseid has the Anti Life Equation so now what?!"

Thor laughs.

"It will all be undone in the next one I'm sure of it."

We continue talking all the way home. Theorizing about what will happen in the next one whatever it's mystery title may be. I'm very glad they were filmed and written back to back prior to the strike. This way I don't have to worry about the film's development and can just sit back and look forward to the next installment.

I've had to curb my excitement for other movies and series because of the strikes and the uncertainty that goes with them. By the time we get home it's late so we all head to bed today has been an awesome day.