3.

*Unedited*

Her eyes opened on their own accord as Mia saw sunrays entering into the room through the cracks of the draped curtains.

Today was the wedding day.

She sighed and stood up from the day. At least today she can't have her Mom yelling on her.

She glanced at dried Mehandi on her hands. Mehandi function went well than she thought. She hadn't felt left behind. All the gossips and talks somehow managed to fit her in. She smiled when she remembered talking with Sophia till midnight about random things. That girl seriously had wedding gitters.

She went to the bathroom and took a shower. She dressed herself in pickle green Anarkali dress.Wedding would not be conducted before midnight but so many preparations was going to held before that. She was looking forward to be a part.

She didn't want to left out anymore.

She exited her room to find that the preparations was going on in full swing. She made her way in the kitchen where she knows she can be useful.

She was making her way down the stairs when someone caught her eyes on the other side of the hall. She smiled when she took in the sight, even in simple t-shirt and pajamas he managed to look handsome.

She was not the stalking type, but for once she wanted to know about this man. She shook her head to brought herself out of her trance. Stranger danger.

"Mia, come here," She turned towards the voice and saw Aunt Gayatri calling her.

She made her way towards her. When she reached there she saw a guy standing beside her. No, not again she chastised in her mind but smiled anyway.

"Namaste Aunty ji," she greeted her politely but still hesitant to regard the presence of the male beside her aunt,she just passed a small smile.

"Leave the formalities,Mia." she said by waving her hand in the air in dismissing manner."Mia, meet my son Saurabh.Saurabh, this is Mia," She added.

Heat slowly crept upto Mia's cheeks.She gave her right hand to him for a handshake with a small hello. He held her hand in firm shake then let it go.

"Nice to meet you," he replied. He was good looking average height guy. She wondered if his Mom was playing matchmaker here.

"Nice to meet you, too." She greeted and prayed to the god to get her out of this.

"Aunty-" she was cut off by her Aunt.

"Oh! I forgot my phone in my room. You both talk I will be back in a minute," She flew away before Mia can blink.

Why Aunts have to behave like this?

A uncomfortable silence fall between them. She thanked heaven when she sensed that the guy was as uninterested as she was.

"I have some work in the kitchen, if you would excuse me," she tried to be polite despite her obvious repugnance.

He laughed lightly and immediately the awkwardness dissipates within them.

"Mom sometimes could be like this," he said smiling.

"Yeah, I can relate," she returned his smile.

Before he could say something more Kaya approached her. Kaya was Sophia's best friend.

"Aunt Mandira is calling you Mia. She said it is urgent." Kaya said in a hard voice and she sensed that something was wrong.

She glanced towards Sourabh and he nodded in her direction.

She followed Kaya into one of the secluded rooms in the hotel.This side of the area was big and can only used by close family members. She never went there.

When she entered the room, think tension in the air wouldn't went unnoticed by her.

Apart from Aunt Mandira, Sophia's father Nathan and her uncle Rajesh, Aunt Meera and Uncle Keshav, who was mother and father of groom also present there. She had met them soon after she had arrived here on the day of Sangeet. Her mother was seated beside Aunt Mandira.

She swallowed hard when all the eyes turned towards her. She raised her eyebrow at her mother in question but her mother just sat there expressionless.

Mia sensed something utterly horrible was going to happen.

*****
Mia's dress.

*****Mia's dress

*****