1.

*Unedited*

Star-dust.

She loved gazing at the sky. Seeing the twinkling stars making a symphony of their own, they shine so bright and beautiful, watching them was so relaxing.

She was twenty four years old but her excitement of stargazing was still twelve years old. Guess, she liked it like that.

She can't be a woman. No, she just want to be a girl. Even when she will cross sixty she will be calling herself a princess and nothing else, she promised herself.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A melodic deep voice startled her. She scurried away when she found that the guy was just beside her. She cursed internally the habit of losing herself in thoughts to the extent that she became oblivious to her surrounding.

It was not a good trait her mother had warned her many times. And she had herself found her in many awkward situations like this one.

"Yes, it's beautiful." She replied when she got a hand of herself. But her voice was so low she doubts that he heard her.

She averted her eyes not wanting to make eye contact with this handsome stranger who somehow managed to disturb her solitude. But she can't expect to be left alone in a wedding especially in an Indian destination wedding, Can she?

"You are not attending Sangeet, the function has started a little while ago." He asked and Mia didn't know what to say. To tell him that she do not like wedding functions, would be too much honesty.

"I am not into music and dance." she replied while giving him a glance he was indeed a hot specimen of male species, even in the night with dim lights she can tell that.

"Still you can enjoy yourself there. Sangeet is a lot more than music and dance." she frowned listening to his reply and she debated on her reply before uttering out the words.

"Why are you here then? Leaving out the fun of a young sangeet night?"

She glanced at the guy reading a lot in the situation than it was. She can be delusional when she wants to be and this was something straight out of her fantasy. But she also knows it was what it was, a fantasy.

He chuckled in response, a melodious smooth deep chuckle.

"You have got me." he raised his hands in mock surrender with an amused smile on his lips.

She must say he look cute when he smiles, much younger with that exotic smile adorning his face. She guessed his age, mid-twenties maybe.

"Here was just a lot more peaceful." she offered an explanation glancing at the stars again. She had spent her day doing various preparations and chores as her mother expected her to do and didn't got the time to relax a bit. The function was her only chance where her mother would not notice her absence, hopefully.

The stranger just hummed in reply and stared ahead at the vast crashing waves of the sea, the waves were in the symphony of nature. The beautiful moon and blue of the sea mixing into each other giving a serenity to the view.

The only disturbance was the mild sound and vibrations of the loud music under her feet making her the part of the party she eagerly escaped.

As much as she wanted to enjoy the spectacular night view of the beach.
She didn't want to found out by one of her aunts or by her mother like this, leaning onto the railing of the roof with the vicinity of a handsome guy. This was one of her wishful dreams but something about the situation didn't feel right.

She should head back.

With this thought in mind she turned on her heels and started moving without giving a word to her companion for a short period.