"Jungkook's not here", Seokjin sighed heavily.

"What?! Did you check everywhere?", Yoongi suddenly opened his eyes, his eyebrows furrowed. He tried to sit up, but the wound stung so badly and he groaned as he slowly pulled his leg up to sit properly.

"Yes!", Seokjin massaged his temples out of frustration.

He started walking across the room from the door to wall repeatedly, breathing heavily and mumbling out inaudible words.

"M...maybe he went out to get food?", Taehyung said, biting his lips. His eyes were glossy and Yoongi noticed it.

"Yeah.", Yoongi spoke up. "That's why he went out..."

"He's a very hungry guy, you know. Probably went out for a snack or something. He'll be back before you know."

Yoongi tried to speak assuringly, he didn't want Taehyung to freak out.

"Yeah...", Seokjin nodded along with Yoongi.

He wished in his mind that it was what actually happened, that it was the truth. But against all his hopes, that same uneasy feeling slowly crept into his mind again, making his heartbeat at a pace so fast like it wanted to break a rib.

July 2 | DAY 8
10 : 29 am

Jungkook hadn't returned yet. Seokjin kept on looking at the door restlessly. He really wanted Jungkook to open it and come in, safe and sound, but it had been more than two hours since Seokjin found out that Jungkook was missing and his hopes started dwindling.

Taehyung sat in the corner, biting his lips and occasionally running his hands through his hair. He looked really worried. Seokjin had never seen him look this alert. Whenever the wind blows and something creaks or a random sound just echoes in, he suddenly flinches and looks at the door, only to look back down, disappointed.

Yoongi sat facing the door too, but he looked very pale and weak. The wound on his leg was not healing up as it was supposed to. It had been days since they ate or drank something and that really affected the healing process. 

Their bodies were giving up even if their minds were not ready to. They had to restore their deteriorated strength and energy, or their bodies would give in and the mind alone can do nothing.

They needed food and water.

Seokjin slowly stood up, grabbing both Taehyung's and Yoongi's attention to him.

"I'm just gonna step out and see whether there's something to eat. And also, look for Jungkook."

Saying this, he moved to the door but was suddenly stopped by Taehyung.

"Hyung, let me go out.", Taehyung said after grabbing Seokjin's wrist.

"I haven't done anything useful since we got here. You stay here with Yoongi Hyung, I'll get the food and water."

Seokjin thought for a moment and nodded yes, he was too tired to walk that he feared that he might collapse somewhere on the way. Taehyung's condition was not much better either, but he looked determined.

Seokjin pulled Taehyung up from his seated position and hugged him, he could feel Taehyung hugging him back tightly.

"Don't wander off too far... and be back fast.", Seokjin advised Taehyung after they broke off from their hug.

"And please don't offer yourselves to the zombies or anything.", Yoongi said, chuckling softly through his words, trying to lighten up the mood.