Episode 9: The shadow of the past returns

"So...remind me of the purpose of this 'sleepover' thing again?" Jenny asks April as they were all spending the night at her apartment with Irma who had long be brought into the loop about the turtles, never mind the Night Club incident with Tokka & Rahzar.

"It's call socializing with friends, Jenny. Just us girls having fun, eating snacks, playing silly games, talking about boys." Irma explains. "You've probably gotten to do something like that once when you were a kid right?"

Oh there was a loaded question, she sighs heavily, "My childhood...sadly lacked such fun times."

Irma with out being prompted gave her a hug, "Well then tonight's your lucky night."

They got their dinner delivered Jenny had to roll her eyes at April, "I thought the whole reason we agreed to Chinese food was to avoid pizza?"

"I couldn't help it! Pizza gyōza is too darn good and Irma hasn't tried yet." April said rather embarrassed.

Irma having tried some with the marinara sauce, "It is actually pretty good. I can see why you like it."

"Would you believe I've never had pizza before I met Casey?" Jenny reveals.

"Really? That's insane!' Irma gasps in surprise.

"Come to think of it Jenny, you've never told me much about your life before you joined the Foot Clan. What happened to you?" April asks thinking about it now.

"I rather not talk about it. If this party is suppose to be fun, than my past would kind of sour the mood." Jenny refused.

"Oh come on, it'd probably be nice to finally get it off your chest." April encourages. "Besides, it's still early enough. We'll have all kinds of fun to make up for it."

"I was a runaway from home. My...father abused me & my mother, physically. One night I heard a scream and saw the door was left open to see him slapping her around, then he turned his rage on me. So I ran away and never looked back. I was a petty thief for a little while until I was arrested, then a friend of mine who was part of the Foot taught me some of her moves and protected me in prison, we broke out but someone murdered my friend so the only home I had left was to join the Foot Clan. It was tough but I...eventually made friends with Karai and then I met your Father and you can guess what happened after that." Jenny explains to her.

The two girls came gave the girl turtle a hug, "I'm sorry. That's a lot of pain to go through." April says.

"Have you told anyone about this before? The police?" Irma asks.

"I was 6, I was lucky I figured out how to survive to live this long." Jenny explains accepting the hugs. However she quickly pushed them away and armed herself with her claws, April quickly mentally pulled her fans to her hand. Going to April's bedroom window, Jenny shove herself her claws out at the ready, "One wrong move and I gut you like fish! Come out where we can see you, slowly" She ordered. A Wakizashi blade gently blocked her and the person did come into view.

"Karai..." April said with a snarl.

Irma's eyes widen in fear and quickly had grabbed the nearest object to defend herself with, which unfortunately the remove to the TV in her panic.

"How long have you been spying on us?" Jenny asks.

"Enough to know you were at least smart enough to get way from your crappy family." Karai said calmly. She pulled her blade way from Jenny and held her hands up. "Listen girls, I didn't come hear to pick a fight. I...I came to warn you about something."

"I'm listening." Jenny says not dropping her guard.

"It's...It's Shredder and Eric Sacks. They're up to something. Something big." She explains.