Episode 3: Secret of the Ooze

The Mutagen Ooze. A powerful radioactive toxic chemical substance that changed April's life in ways she'd never thought possible. Since she started living with the turtles she felt less lonely. Splinter cares for her as if he was like a Grandfather to her. Training her as in the use of a Tessen war fan, helping her with her school work...she even grew used to the smell of living in a sewer. Splinter is even teaching her Japanese such as her becoming a Kunoichi, a female ninja & her turtle friends are called Shinobi which is the formal proper name for a male ninja. Still she missed her parents. She wasn't sure how she was gonna explain to her Uncle or Robyn about her new family friends when they get back.

They would probably freak out learning she some how got psychic powers that just suddenly showed up out no where, or the time she was temporarily mutated into an anthro cheetah. Or the dozens of times she's had to fight off gang members, ninjas, robots, and other new mutant freaks sent by their enemies. They've made a lot of progress in fighting back, even getting a canister of the Ooze to study, plus her father's research on it. But it still left a few questions hanging in the air. They had no clue who was the puppet master behind everything. They suspect it's Oroku Saki but that's only speculation, as it makes no sense that he would still have any reason to be in New York personally. They know Baxter Stockman & Eric Sacks are working for the Foot, but what they still need her Dad for is unknown. The origin of the Ooze was also a mystery, they know they what, who, where, when, and slowly working out the how but as to Why, April's father made it in the first place is still a mystery.

The Turtles & Master Splinter are also curious to the origins of it as well. Donatello is some what convinced that there has to be something more to their origins. Raphael believes it was all just a freak accident. That a canister of the stuff got washed down the storm drain and that April accidentally tripping her panic loosing her pet turtles. Splinter sadly also agrees but tries to comfort his sons that even if they were accidents that doesn't reduce their value now. April said something sounded a little blunt but meant it in a good way, "Not to sound mean but I kind of hope it was an accident, cause the only other explanation was that my dad deliberately tested on you for whatever reason the Foot wanted."

"I agree, that's not exactly a comforting alternative." Leonardo agrees.

"I don't know...I just...I'm hoping to find out that we were...special." Donatello sighs.

April takes his hand and gives a comforting smile, "Hey, you are special. Especially to me."

Splinter ears perk up with a smile, "Perhaps it is time we complete our unfinished business with TCRI. It currently is our only lead for all the answers we seek. Our origins and perhaps the whereabouts of April's father."

"I don't know...do you think it's gonna be even worth it? I've been snooping around in there a couple of times already. And after getting caught, the Foot doesn't seem like they would be stupid enough to allow me back in or let me have my father's stuff so easily." April points out.

"It's all we got right now. Can't hurt to look just to check it off the list." Leo reasons.

Getting access to the building's roof top was easy. "I love this spy stuff." Michelangelo giggles quietly.

"Not much to this place." Donatello comments.

"Donnie, it may not have much night security outside but we gotta move in quietly." Leo reminds him.

"Come on guys. Let's do it eh?" April jokes acting macho.

"Let's do it!" They agree.

"Ooh, I like her." Raph smirks.

Getting inside they quietly got down the stairs into the halls and came up across a locked door, "Well this will be a short trip real fast." April explains pulling out her key card, "Either they'll have locked me out, or have set up a trap to catch me again. We'll know soon enough." She swiped her card and to her surprise the door chimed and unlocked letting them in.