Episode 7: Turtle Dove Love

Jenny sat on the roof top of her old abandoned apartment she was used to living in. Before her transformation. Before Casey. On the one hand she wished she could stay living there but she couldn't, not without drawing attention to herself as a giant turtle. Truth be told the place wasn't exactly a decent place to live. If they had entire construction crew maybe it would become something to qualify as a fixer upper. There was huge hole in the one wall of the guest bed room for crying out loud.

What made this worse is she lost this place to her mutation, she lost her more improved home in the sewer thanks to her past with the Foot. She was holding a picture of her & Casey they had after Casey won a big away game. It was probably the last picture she had left of her human self. She sighs packing it away. Placing her one arm on her knee, Jennika looks out to the city, it was beautiful from where she was. "Yo Jen!" a familiar called out. Jennika readied her claws with her stance at the ready. "Chill girl, just me. I wasn't followed." Casey says holding his hands up.

Jennika sighs, "Sorry. I don't want a repeat of last time."

"Don't worry, Donnie's said the new place will be better next time." Casey assures her.

"He's found a place?" She asks in surprise.

"Yeah, I haven't seen it yet, but he's said it's much nicer and he's making a few more security adjustments. We won't be getting caught with our pants down this time." He explains.

"I hope so." Jennika sighs.

Casey got out of his shopping bag a white box for her, "Here you go. Big Salad with ranch."

"Oh thank Raiden. Don't tell Mikey I said this but..I'm sick of pizza. I feel like I'm gonna burst out of my shell." She says in relief as she takes a bite out of the leafy greens.

"I hear ya. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing." Casey agrees having a sandwich. He looked over and noticed Jennika's picture in her backpack and gave him an idea on something, "So...crazy thought. It seems like being a turtle is the new 'in fashion' thing, maybe I might talk to Donnie about becoming one."

Jennika nearly choked on her lettuces, "What?! Why?"

Casey looked away casually, "Well...I was just thinking...you're worried you might never become human again so I thought..."

"No." She interrupted seeing where he was going. "No I can't let you do that, Casey."

"Why not?" He asks.

Jenny sighs putting her meal down, "I appreciate the sweet gesture but while I may never become human again, I don't want to be held responsible for that kind of life changing choice. I'm not saying it'll happen but as a member of the Foot I'm used to expecting the worse in order to prepare for it. It's a very dower thought process but it serves. If our relationship should sour, I don't want you to regret radically altering your life just to make me feel better. This is not like getting a tattoo or giving up hockey for me. Don't change for me, I like you for who you are. Just like you're happy for who I am."

"But what about you?" He says.

She leans against him and gives him a peck on the cheek, "I'll survive. That's what I've been trained for."

Else where April herself was helping Donatello move into their new underground home, an abandoned subway station. A very old one that apparently had stained glass ceiling with light coming in from...somewhere. It certainly was a lot bigger, and because it wasn't directly in the sewer like before the air was a lot cleaner and smelled a lot more pleasant. "This place is beautiful. Kind of reminds me of my Antique shop."

"Yeah, and it's well hidden and I'm already setting up things to keep it that way." Donnie adds.

"I'm more impressed you manage to get electricity down here." She admits.