Of Strawberries and Fairies

Chapter 2

Of Strawberries and Fairies

Finish him. Rip his servant apart. Kill him.

"I want to see him suffer more."

Lies.

"It's true! I will finish him!"

Lies, you have fallen for him.

"I have not!"

Why did you hesitate? Why didn't you keep him alive for a few more minutes and murder his companions?

"So I can torture him more..."

He may have died, you left no insurance of his recovery.

"I had faith that his comrades would heal him."

Faith? Didn't you have faith in your father returning? In mother coming to you every day but failing to come when you truly needed her?

"Mother didn't do anything wrong!"

But she left you all the same.

"I-I..."

Hunt your prey once more. Kick him as many times as you want.

"I have more pressing concerns!"

Why do you delude yourself? Why do you try to deviate from your goal?

"Enough."

-

Illyasviel stared at the despicable worm that is Zouken Matou and despite her, every urge to murder the insect, his status as the head of the Matou family demanded at least a minor chat.

"So, what do you want, Zouken Matou?" Of course, that doesn't mean she would respect the old fossil.

Obviously irked by her blatant disrespect towards his person, Zouken grunted. "You need to relearn your etiquette, little girl," he grouched out with a glare.

Dismissing his ire, Illyasviel merely giggled. "Oh? Why should I display my etiquette to a failing house such as yours?"

This little jab of her's didn't do anything but irritate the man even further. "I offer you a proposition," he declared, seemingly stuffing his pride for a second or perhaps dismissing it as a child's hubris, "I offer an alliance."

"Oh? What can you possibly provide me with that I don't already have?" she inquired as she started to descend the massive stairway of her castle.

"I am the master of Assassin and I am the head of the house of Matou," he declared, his inhumane eyes twinkled with righteousness and his lips curled into a crook grin.

Is that... Really to be proud of? The thought of someone revealing that they were the master of Assassin, arguably one of the weakest servants, and declaring that they were of a failing house was amusing, to say the least. It could be even considered outright hysterical.