Prologue

Prologue

"Why am I... Right, I was doing my final test..." Illyasviel muttered, her eyes staring into the chilly sky. "I left berserker... Oh well, I'll just summon a new servant. One that isn't scary and monstrous-looking..."

She stood up, her bare feet numb from walking in the snow-covered ground. She got rid of the snow on her dress before making her way back to her castle.

She was about to renter the forest when she saw a fast-moving form in the corner of her eye. "Who's there!" she shouted, her legs getting ready to run.

She heard the crunching of snow.

The growls of hunger greeted her ears.

Eyes of predators stared at her.

Her eyes widened in fear, her legs already carrying her away from the pack of wolves. She only made it a few steps before her breath became labored, her frail body not able to keep her pace much longer.

Pain.

The feeling of pain only registering when she felt her weight shift forward from a foreign weight pushing her.

"Ah!" she screamed, her body hitting the soft snow. She immediately curled up into a ball as the wolves bit into her, trying to take chunks off of her.

Only for their fangs to disengage as a shadow loomed over her.

Her eyes opened slowly, as she came to the realization.

Noticing the looming shadow of a person, she directed her eyes upwards only pause.

"Berserker..."

Then, it simply swung its sword and the wolves became mere blood splats on the white snow. A ferocious wind also came along with it, the snow around them being blown away with the intense wind.

In an instant, all her troubles were taken care of, even if it was only for a moment. The wolves, the cold... All were gone in an instant.

Yet, it merely knelt down similar to a knight kneeling before his princess...

The feeling of uneasiness, the feeling of fear she had before was lost to her. Instead, a warm sensation welled inside her and a giggle erupted from her.

"Let's go, Berserker."

-

"You... Become a Shinigami!"

"You... Idiot..."

"Kurosaki!"

Rage. Anger. Hatred. Dispair.

As Berserker's memories became her dreams, she experienced a story... A beautiful story, a wonderful story, and a tragic story.

Legends. They are born from the will of the people, written down or passed orally through generations, marking the legend in the Throne of Heroes.

Who said that the dead can't create their own legends?

The story of Ichigo Kurosaki.

The story of her Berserker.

She stared into her Berserker's mask, taking in every intricate detail and committing it to memory.

"You're from another dimension, huh?" the words left her mouth surprisingly easy as she stared at her Berserker.

It was a conclusion easily, specifically because it entirely disproves the existence of the Root and instead gives a more traditional look on the afterlife. As a magus, she naturally rejected it and instead drew the conclusion she had reached.

She broke eye contact, her eyes searching for something else to look at.

Snow.

She sighed, her eyes sweeping the room that she stayed in for so long. A prison yet her home, a home yet a fortress.

She did not have much as most of her stuff was entirely replaceable entertainment devices. "Fuyuki..." she muttered out.

Excitement? Apprehension? Fear?

She could not precisely put a finger on what she felt when she thought of the city and certain individuals who took residence there.

The traitor and his replacement of her.

Then a shrilly grunt interrupted her thoughts and brought her attention back to her servant. Then, the realization hit her like a dazing spell.

Why was she worrying over two insignificant back-stabbing ants when she has her Berserker, a literal death god?

Prologue End

Sigh, I will only update this when I draw blanks on my other stories. Oh, I am planning to make these chapters 5k words long.