The War They Call Holy

Chapter 5

The War They Call Holy

Illyasviel looked at what she presumed to be Lancer. However, in contrast to the blue-clad servant, the uniform he bore was black.

"I see that you lost your handling there," he quipped to Gilgamesh who stood beside Illyasviel.

In turn, the King of Heroes glared at the smug spear-wielding servant. With a mere glare, thousands of Gates of Babylon opened behind him all poised to obliterate them. "Die here, mongrels!"

Thousands of weapons fired in a furious barrage of destruction. All pinpointed on the shadow and Lancer.

The whole area was blanketed in a fury of destruction and dust.

Throughout it all, Berserker put himself between the incoming debris and Illyasviel. I think... We need to retreat, she thought to herself as she felt injuries on her body becoming more prominent.

"Berserker! Make sure they are dead!" she shouted, making her intentions clear to her asshole of an ally.

Complying with her demand, the dust blew away as Berserker conjured a cero between his horns. The chaotic ball of energy whipping wildly at their surroundings.

"Gae Bolg!" a voice called out from just beyond where the dust disappeared. A crimson light shining through the obscurity and catching everyone's eye. Thus, the black-themed servant burst forward from the dust and thrust forward his spear with its tip pointed at Berserker.

In response, the mad servant unleashed his cero with an intimidating roar.

Before the two attacks could connect, a beam of energy shot from behind Lancer and countered the cero, redirecting it to the sky.

In a cacophony of marvelous display of explosions, the air lit up with an angry red color as the air combusted as the cero detonated.

Unimpeded by the near graze of the beam to himself, Lancer's spear gained wild energy of its own. The spear of the Underworld determined to strike the heart of the beast of the damned.

Yet, despite the unique attributes of the spear, Berserker too could bend rules.

He was the blade, and the blade was him.

His blade could cut destiny itself, and so he could destroy destiny.

Therefore, despite Gae Bolg being destined to hit, Tensa Zangetsu severed that fate.

Thus, in a quick strike, the blade that cut the moon into twine fell the spear that was destined to hit.

Impossible! Cu Chulainn thought in utter shock as he recoiled from having his spear being countered and deflected.

Taking advantage of the moment of weakness shown to him, Berserker's energy spiked once more as Tensa Zangetsu exuded the menacing black and crimson energy.

As he went in for the strike, dozens of noble phantasms surrounded them as Gilgamesh let loose on the temporarily stunned Lancer.

Only for the said servant to be consumed by the shadow at the last moment.

"Die, you insect!" Gilgamesh roared as he turned his attention to the shadow, once more summoned hundreds of noble phantasms and firing it.

Yet, the shadow too disappeared leaving nothing but the destruction it inadvertently caused.

Despite the shadow's retreat, Gilgamesh was still on guard as he summoned a longsword from his treasury and spun around with it on hand. His blade met a dagger as Assassin tried to strike him but ultimately failing.