The One Before Him: (Good)

Start from the beginning

Sonic:

"And you found this trial while training? Its beautiful. I have lived here for I'm not sure how long and never found this trail. Where does it lead?" You asked looking around in aww as Sonic puffed out his chest a little, quite pleased with himself. "I like to go deep into the woods to train. Normally no distractions and less likely to hurt someone. I just happened to decide that I wanted to go a different route and found this. I knew you would like it. We're not too far from the waterfall." You happily glanced down at the picnic basket he was carrying as you had the blanket. "You can be so romantic at times and other times you break into my house." You teasingly glared. "I thought it was an abandoned cabin. I went to use it as shelter but the inside proved that you cannot always go by appearances." "You saying my house looked run down?!" "You remember how much work I had done on the exterior for you?" You puffed out your cheeks only to receive a kiss. "Your too cute my foxy lady." He wrapped his free arm around your waist just enjoying the scenery. It did not take too long before you found the opening in the forest. As he had promised there was a large waterfall, the river that widened into a small pod which continued through out the woods. Small flower and berry bushes went across the area and just enough shade to keep it cool. "Come on, lets set up and eat then we can play in the water." You glanced over at him "I don't have a swimsuit." "I don't see the problem. I've showered under the waterfall naked. It's not like anyone is going to see us." You smiled shaking your head. Once everything was set you both sat close together and started to eat. A rustling in the bushes caught your attention. However, Sonic was quick. Already placing his sword at the neck of the person spying on you two. Another fox demon slowly stood up with his hands in the air and a mouth full of berries. "Wait, Sonic. I know him." The male spoke muffled by the food. "Swallow." Sonic demanded still on high alert. With a heavy exhale, the demon could finally speak. "[Name], its been close to 4 years hasn't it? I see you're with someone new." The fox said finding the situation amusing. "Sonic, put the sword down Beel is harmless. Honestly his not much of a demon most times." The fox ears laid flat on his head "that's not very nice. If I remember correctly you liked that I was not always out for blood, unlike the others." "As touching as this reunion seems to be. Would someone Care to explain how you know each other?" Beel lowered one hand and picked another berry "I'm her ex." It took all your strength to keep Sonic off of your ex. "He isn't like my other ex!! Beel and I are on good terms!" "I'm not here to attempt to win her back. We know where we stand romantically. Berry?" He offered Sonic happily, the glare he received did not deter him like Sonic had hoped that it would. "No? well then more for me." "Can you come back later Beel? Please?" Beel seemed to finally notice the set up you two had worked on. "Ohhhh. Sorry about that. It was nice seeing you again [Name]. Pleasure to meet you Sonic." Beel quickly turned and ran off, his bushy tail being the only thing that could be seen in this distance. "Your tastes in men are very odd." You looked at him blankly. He did not catch on.

King:

Yes, you were a hero. Yes, you stopped criminals. Yes, your ranking was only going up, which had nothing to do with King being your man. When you had started dating your ranking went down. It was a stupid jealously thing and people saying that you were only using the strongest man on earth. You had an image that you had to keep up in order to keep both you and King from losing credit as heroes. So, why you were in the back alley in city X buying what could very well be stolen merch? Because King loved video games and you loved King. This was a limited edition of an alien character who powered up by screaming and eating impossible amounts of food. This figure was also signed by both the Japanese and English voice actors and the creator. Still in its original box, in mint condition with certifications of authenticity proving that it was all legitimate. Or, you hoped. It could honestly all be fake, and you wouldn't be able to tell until after you bought it and got it looked at. It was a big risk to take that could go very very wrong very fast. With that being said you could always claim it was a set up and you needed to make sure that the person really was selling fakes or stolen goods. Yeah, that could work. That was plan B. Taking a deep calming breath you came face to face with. "Ryan? Your selling the limited edition, signed, still in box figure? Why?" You asked just shocked, he had been so into video games that he became a video game designer. He was, in all honesty, too scared to get into trouble with the law to do anything as sketchy as this. Had he really changed that much since you two dated? He had not only been your ex but your first real boyfriend ever, it did not seem right to see him like this. "I was lucky enough to get two of them. One for working on the game and one I bought. I don't need both and the one I'm keeping has a few extra bells and whistles to it. They made a separate figure just for those who worked on the game. It's really something. You should come see it. I live on the 4th floor of this building. Kind of wasn't sure what kind of person would be buying it so-" "So a back alley seemed safe? You could have hired a hero to stand watch or something. This is honestly the stupidest solution to not getting attacked!" Ryan stepped back seeming extremely uncomfortable. "It's just, we know I'm a nerdy guy, I thought if I made it appear really sketchy that the other person would just want the transaction to go as smoothly as I wanted it to go. Meaning 5 minutes and we both were walking away like nothing happened and we both would be happy." "Your lucky it's me and not someone trying to stab a free collective figure from you. Ryan. Come on. Your smarter than this. Don't do anything this stupid again." Ryan didn't look you in the eyes as he nodded. It was like a child being punished by his mother. "I would like to buy it from you." He finally faced you. The look on his face turned from shock to fear. You turned around ready for a fight. "King!!" There was the reason you came to this alley, came to meet a stranger, and hopefully give your boyfriend a wonderful surprise when you got home. His engine roaring as his aura became that much more intimidating. You hugged him, gently snuggling into his chest. "You don't need to make your engine roar. I just gave Ryan shit, I'm sorry I was stupid and worried you. I won't do it again." King nodded, placing his hand on your back "You weren't acting right this morning, I followed you here. I see I had nothing to worry about." Getting on your tippy toes, you kissed King quickly. His engine finally slowly down. "Ok Ryan. Here's the money in full, like we agreed." Once the transaction was over, you and King had been invited up into Ryan's apartment where you died. Well, not really of course. You thought your love nest was full of anime and video game merch? Ryan had things neither of you had ever seen. King and you spoke all about everything that you now needed to hunt down online to add to the collection. "By the way [Name], how did you meet Ryan anyways? You two seemed close." You bit your lower lip looking up at the much taller man "He was my very first boyfriend, he kind of got me into all this stuff. Why is your engine going again?"