39 : What He Actually Desired

Start from the beginning

She was just too nice to be that cruel.

Xena then decided that it was high time that she returned to her kingdom. Without Cassius this time.

"Cassius, can we talk?" Xena said softly and Cassius who was talking to Edmund turned around to face Xena and nodded.

They both walk somewhere where there was no one - in short, they were alone.

"What happened?"

"You see, your revenge has been taken. Now it is my time to go back." Cassius immediately knew what she was saying and he quickly skimmed his mind for a reason to keep her here.

He found none.

"But-" he started but again, he didn't continue and sighed. What reason could he simply come up with to make her stay?

"Don't worry, if you ever found time to visit me, I would save a chocolate cake for you." Cassius looked at the woman in front of him who was smiling like crazy but from the inside, Xena was breaking.

She wanted Cassius to stop her but it never came instead a pair of warm arms engulfed Xena.

Her face was stuffed in Cassius's clothed chest and she sighed too and lifted her arms to wrap around him.

"Thank you." Cassius softly whispered.

He wasn't thanking her for revenge. No. He was thanking her for helping him find the feelings that he only felt for his family once again. The feeling he thought he wouldn't be able to feel again.

Xena only nodded - still not knowing what he actually meant - and they pulled away.

Cassius looked down into Xena's grey shimmering eyes. Those two beautiful orbs looked back expectantly at Cassius.

She was waiting for something. A proper form of goodbye or something.

"Can I try something?" Cassius asked with a hand on her cheek. Xena didn't nod - or shake her head.

She just stared back with the same intensity as Cassius. Cassius took it as a yes and without putting much thought into his actions, slowly lowered himself, and finally attached his own lips to Xena's pink one.

Fireworks were an understatement. Both had their hearts drumming painfully in their chest with beeping in their bodies.

The way their lips melted together was nothing but the biggest sign that they belonged together but sadly . . . There was no room for that.

No room for that in their world.

As much to their dismay, they both had to pull away after the parade of fireworks and butterflies inside their bodies.

They parted. Cassius dropped his hands and stepped back while Xena still had her eyes closed.

"Edmund will drop you back." And with that, Cassius left the room, left Xena, and all his feeling inside it.

"I love you." Xena softly whispered, hoping Cassius would hear. Maybe he did, maybe he did not.

In the end, it was not revenge that he desired.

It was Xena who he truly desired.

...

It had been a week since Xena had been back to her palace, continuing where she left. Thanks to the lords her father was able to calm the town down from coming after Xena and said to punish the people severely who will try to come after her.

Since the Swifter was gone, the townspeople were also relieved.

Now everything was back to normal. Xena's father was informed about lord Christopher and the death of Prince Aries. When Xena came to know about him herself, she was somewhat . . . Not emotional.

Her father was also not sad about his brother's death. He was tired of his brother controlling so he was happy that his brother was gone. Lord Christopher deserved it.

Xena's father had also decided that since the Swifter are now back in existence, it was best to lend a hand of friendship. Councilmen seemed to agree.

This time, Xena actually wondered if her father would ask her to marry the King of Swifters - aka King Cassius - but he never did.

Xena didn't want to care but she did. She wondered if someday Cassius would come back to her or not.

Also, next year, she would be crowned Queen if she did not marry. It was time her father retired from old age.

Xena looked forward to it.

It was nighttime when Xena was tugged into her duvet, fast asleep when someone slipped through her window. Light on feet as quiet as if there was no one.

He slowly walked over to Xena and glanced down at her. She still had it. She still had that innocent face.

He smiled as she slowly caressed her cheek and then slowly, kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." He whispered so lowly that it was in no way possible that anyone - if there was around him - could've heard him.

Xena squirmed in her light sleep as she felt something on her forehead and instantly snapped her eyes open.

She sat up only to find her window wide open, allowing a gust of wind to lick her skin. She then slowly raised her hand to touch her forehead.

What was that? No way it was real. She thought and got off her head to close the window.

But just before she did, she looked out into the sky she swore that she saw something white move quickly through her vision.

She must be hallucinating. Definitely.

And with that thought in mind, she closed the window and walked back to her bed. Time to sleep and live their lives.

Separately.

...

No, I am definitely not sorry. Just wait for the additional chapter, will you?
Should I even give you an additional chapter?
P R O Q U E E N

My Slave KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara