11 : Stephen

11 : Stephen

Both Xena and Cassius walked through the overgrown forest.

Cassius was beginning to get anxious by every passing minute. He wanted to get there quickly and embrace his little brother in his arms. He wanted proof that he was still alive.

That maybe, just maybe, he hasn't lost everything.

"Can you walk faster?" Cassius muttered rudely at Xena who was taking tentative steps. Slow and cautious steps.

Xena just shrugged.

She was still angry about what went down and was in no mood to talk.

Cassius swore that if it wouldn't be for his brother and him being dependent on Xena's directions, he would be long gone.

"I will just fly us bo-" Cassius started but Xena had other plans.

"You are not touching me!"

"Is that a challenge?" Cassius asked and Xena stilled. With a burning fury, she turned around, facing Cassius and shouted,

"You will do as I say or I will never elevate the bond, you have be-!" Cassius stopped hearing when he heard the word 'elevate'. Wait, She was planning to give up the bond.

When Cassius seemed loss in thought, Xena thought he was ignoring her resulting in her getting angrier.

Oh dear.

Suddenly Cassius held his head in pain, his nerves clenching causing him to loose his balance and kneel down.

"Ahh! Blast! What is happening!" The fake bond was making him listen to her command and Xena knew exactly what was happening.

A master commanding their slaves would cause this. So that the slave would remember their place.

So that Cassius would be reminded of his place at that very moment.

Cassius further leaned into the ground because of the pain, his nerves popping as he continued to grunt in pain. Xena looked at him with sympathy and whispered,

"At ease." To herself.

The pain subsided and Cassius stood back up. He was angry. How easily these puny humans could control him.

He was the one that was once superior, how did he become this!?

"Silly humans, reminding me again and again about what I lost-" Cassius took a single deep breath and looked up at Xena, fixing her with a glare, "You were planning to lift the bond?" Xena nodded.

"I was going to set you free the first time I got you but I also didn't want anyone else to capture you again or you to eat me and when you asked for revenge, I knew you deserved it so I did not elevate the bond, so you could learn more about your enemies under my protection."

Cassius scoffed. How blasting thoughtful but he had to admit, she was quite helpful. If she wasn't there at the town, he would've been dead, but then again - if he were not her slave, none of that would've happened.

"Why do you want to go to my aunt's house though?" Xena asked while walking closer.

"She has my brother." Xena cocked an eyebrow.