36 : No One Left

36 : No One Left

Cassius followed by Edmund, Karen, and eight more swifters flew through the air, stopping at a half distance between their kingdom and lord Christopher's.

"We will wait here," Cassius spoke and pulled his wings inside his skin.

Someone slept, someone worked out and someone just sat.

They were so casual, they didn't even know what was going to happen. This wouldn't be as easy as they all think.

The only thing Cassius had on his mind was Xena and Stephen.

Only them.

Stephen lowers himself to the ground because he was tired. His wings had come out but they tend to get exhausted very quickly.

According to Stephen, they were about a few miles away from the kingdom. If they kept walking like this for 3 hours, they might reach there quickly.

"If you are tired, we can rest here," Xena asked but Stephen shook his head.

"We have to go there quickly, I have no idea what might be happening at the moment. Cassius might have turned the whole kingdom upside down." Xena nodded in understanding and both kept walking.

Karen kept meditating. She had a feeling that her sister was going to go against her and it wouldn't have the best end.

She didn't want to go against her sister.

Cassius watched Karen from afar. He knew that something was wrong. Lord Christopher wasn't here yet.

"You guys wait here, I will just look around," Karen stated and stood up.

"I will come with you," Cassius said and immediately followed her into the thick trees.

They walked together. Karen was looking for something whereas Cassius was only with her because he knew that she was up to something.

That's when it happened.

They suddenly entered through another barrier. They had entered the witch's village once again. Witches always had this barrier up that didn't allow people from the outside to see through it. Only if they enter the area will they only see what is behind the invisible barrier.

"Karen?" Cassius growled but she only raised a hand to shut him which of course Cassius did not appreciate.

"Look." She pointed to the front only to see Prince Aries' head on a spade. His different limbs on different spades. They were being danced with.

In the middle sat lord Christopher with probably Prince Aries' blood over him. An old witch mumbled something while Cassius and Karen watched wide-eyed.

"What is happening?" Cassius questioned and Karen only shook her head.

"It is a sacrifice. It gives one a lot of power." Cassius had his canines protruding from his skin as he glared at lord Christopher covered in blood.

"Oh, dear sister, what you doing here-", Karen and Cassius turned around to face Karen's sister. "With the creature?"

"Oh, because I was hungry and your sister dear told me that this place was a very good destination to feast," Cassius answered and was about to go for the kill when Karen stopped him and shook his head.

If Cassius wanted, he could kill Christopher at that moment but because there was a spell going on, he could get some effects as well. He simply could not interrupt and he knew that too.

"Let's go," Karen mumbled and walked away after giving her sister a stink eye.

It was surprising that no one initiated a fight.

Cassius had this strong grip on his control but the moment he was back to the other nine people, he went ballistic.

"What are we going to do now!?" Edmund questioned but he did not get a reply since Cassius was still thinking about what to answer his men.

"You five, go and kill every guard in Christopher's kingdom and if you want, you can feast on them as well." Cassius finally said.

"You four will guard this area with me to see if that idiot comes out. Karen, teleport yourself to my kingdom and tell them about reinforcement. Now!" Everyone got into action without questioning him.

Cassius was ruthless, he did not leave any ties to be bound in this case.

Karen immediately disappeared into thin air and the five guards extended their wings and went in the asked direction while four other guards and Cassius guarded the area. Waiting for lord Christopher.

Karen appeared in the castle in a few seconds and immediately started shouting.

"Reinforcement! Reinforcement." People with wings gathered around her and she filled them in on what was going on.

Immediately, everyone got to work and gathered things for war. The war about which Stephen and Xena knew nothing.

Sometimes had gone by,

Stephen had regained his strength and had once again taken Xena in his arms and lifted them both.

Xena didn't have the same feeling she got from Cassius with Stephen when they flew. She missed him.

Over the trip, she realized how much she misses him. She cared for him - a lot.

"Let's go," Stephen murmured and they were once again making their way towards the castle.

This time, they will stop once they were there. It had been enough. Stephen had been away for too long.

Stephen flew as fast as he could and in some time, the castle was finally in sight but the thing was - they were too late!

There was no one.

Everyone had gone to war and they were left behind.

...
I am so pumped up. Idk why - but I am. Help?
I am having these weird flashbacks of Past - thinking I need I justify myself for something.

The thing is, I can't.

Lol
P R O Q U E E N