just in time

*ೃ༄ '  𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭: act one, the glade  ' *ೃ༄
chapter seven ✧₊∘ ✧₊∘  just in time
(  starring; arden cho, ki hong lee, max barczak, max irons, aml ameen, thomas brodie-sangster, patricia clarkson, kaya scodelario )
-ˋ₊˚.◽️ © -carqmels_2020

'...that's it i'm
going in...'

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧,            𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

THE GRIEVER WAS not far behind her. The small rocks and leaves that rested on the ground shook with each step that it made as if there was an earthquake. Thalia's heart was hammering in her chest. The doors were due to close in an hour and she had to get rid of it as soon as possible. She made sure that she wasn't too far from the Glade so that she wouldn't have to cover a long distance. Thalia was reckless but she sure wasn't dumb.

A light bulb went off in her head and she picked up her pace, avoiding the agonizing pain that was erupting from her shoulder. Once the griever was far away she immediately turned into an empty corridor and leaned against the wall, cupping her hand over her mouth. There was no time to catch her breath. Thalia immediately grasped the largest pebble that she could find. Keeping a firm grip on it, she chucked it as far as she could in the opposite direction. It made a loud clank-like sound and she hoped that the griever would follow it.

The ground shook as the griever clicked closer. Thalia finally began to notice the clicks and whirs that came every time it moved forward. She assumed that it was some sort of mechanical body covered in fur. Whichever creator made them must have been really smart.

As predicted, the grievers' huge goo-covered head turned in the direction that the pebble went and it let out yet another ear-piercing scream that made her flinch and let out a shaky breath. Once she was sure that the griever was gone she gently pressed her arm and hissed in pain.

She checked the time on her watch and sighed in relief.

5:57

There was enough time for her to get back to the Glade. Thalia picked herself up and sucked in a breath.

3...2...1, she counted.

She sprinted back to the Glade, knowing that she had to get back quickly before the griever realised.

MINHO STOOD WITH his arms crossed in front of the doors. He had been standing there for at least forty minutes and didn't plan on moving anytime soon. Noah and Newt stood beside him waiting for a figure to come running down the corridor. A silence had fallen upon the entire Glade.