echoes

𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵, ( act two )
❛ echoes . . . ❜ ゚✧*:・゚

 ❜ ゚✧*:・゚

o. i 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 it rick  ━━

𝕿o the majority, Thalia was a rumour; a sickening reminder of the sliver of hope they once had and lost. That pain devolved into a pure, fiery hatred churned with remnants of fear that seemed to roll of their tongue even as they whispered her name amongst themselves.

Thalia didn't know what it was about her that seemed to capture the attention of most. She could only presume that it was because she didn't look as dolled up as the rest of the girls or the dirt and grime that seemed to scar her once porcelain skin. Or perhaps it was the large machete ( she'd salvaged it from an abandoned yard only a few miles back ) that hung from her left hand and the pistol that hung from her right.

People gossiped, she marched further, they gossiped further.

And soon enough she'd found herself standing outside a large mansion that seemed as though it had been brutally massacred in a Great War. It was drenched in a rich beige colour that was soon beginning to impersonate peeled skin. Shattered windows, torn drapes, foul smell—

The list goes on.

Thalia was cautious with her steps. She tried to reason with herself,

Should I put away my weapons?

Of course not, don't be a Slinthead

But then I'd make a fine and easy target

Put them away already for goodness sake!

She put them away almost immediately once she neared the supposed entrance—a simple swampy green sheet draped over a large hole in the brick wall. The stench was nearly brutal up close; there were so many things she could smell, it made it harder for her to describe.

There were no teenagers in sight, at least not any blondes, brunettes or raven-haired ones. She'd spotted a ginger, though she deemed him irrelevant to her search.

"What's a lady like you doing here? Pardon me, Miss, but I believe the house you're looking for is a few buildings down." He chuckled before leaning down to whisper, "it's where the ladies go to get a fine payment for their . . . deeds."

Thalia whirled around, a scowl cursing her chapped lips. Men, she scoffed, arrogant pigs.

She watched his sullen eyes glint as he flickered them to every inch of her body. She couldn't help but let herself feel like dirty as her scowl deepened even further. Oh how she wished she could replace his eyeballs with empty silver bullet shells.