prologue

Vince

We're at the east exit. Good luck!

Flipping her phone shut, she made her way towards the control room. Dodging each and every camera situated in the corners of the walls, she looked around to see if anyone was around her. She hid behind a wall once the sound of footsteps came from ahead.

She poked her head through to see who it was. Teresa. She brought her head back as quick as possible but she was too slow. Teresa has already seen her.

"Thalia?" She asked. "What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be in this area."

Thalia revealed herself from behind the wall and stood in front of her. "Please don't tell anyone." She pleaded earning a confused look from Teresa.

"I'm sorry but I have to do this T." She said before continuing down the hallway leaving behind a confused Teresa.

She stood in front of the door labelled 'box controls' in big bold letters. She turned her gaze to the sleeping guard on the side. Spying the key card on the side of is belt, she slowly reached for it and plucked it off. The guard moved his head to the other side making her cringe.

Thalia slid the key card across the monitor and silently entered the room, being careful to not make a sound. She shut it behind her and made her way to the black chair in front of the control panel.

Investigating the control panels, a thought crossed her mind. Was the note inside the crate? She hoped that it was. Thalia had sneaked it into one of the crates for supplies. It should be there.

Taking a deep breath, she gripped the lever and pulled it down creating a ringing sound which she hoped wouldn't be heard outside of the room. Sighing, she waited.

Everything was going according to plan. In a few hours group A would be on their way to the mountains, safe from the hands of WICKED.

Somebody entered the room, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What do you think you're doing?" Janson asked. His eyes shifted to the screen as his eyes filled with rage. "What have you done?"

Thalia stood up from her seat and glared at him. "I'm done staying on the side and pretending that I'm okay with what you guys are doing. Risking these innocent teenagers lives? Is that how desperate you are to find a cure?" She wasn't lying about any of it. It was time she voiced her opinion.

"You've nearly messed up our entire operation! They are the only people who can help is find it! Just wait till Ava gets here."

She had to find a way to get out. She continued to glare at Janson then without a second thought, her fist collided with his jaw and she made a run for the door Thalia sprinted out of the door and into the hallway until her body collided with another. She looked up to see the one and only, Ava Paige. This wasn't going well. She was screwed.

Janson stumbled out of the room, holding his jaw. "You little bitch!" He yelled. His expression became more calmer once he noticed Ava standing their.

"Chancellor Paige." He acknowledged. "Do you have any idea what she has done-"

"I'm aware." She replied calmly. "And too think that you were smarter than this, Thalia."

In a matter of seconds, Thalia felt something enter her vein, making her stumble to the ground.

"Looks like we'll be sending her into the Maze Trials early."

Then, the darkness took over and she lost all consciousness.