Chapter 12: The Stratford Tower

Start from the beginning

"Guys," I whisper. They look down at me and I nod my head over to where the supervisor is. They see her and nod.

"Distract her while I talk to the receptionist," Markus tells Rupert.

"On it." He says.

Markus walks up to the receptionist. "Hello, sir." She greets. "What can I do for you?"

"We have an appointment with Mr. Peterson," Markus tells her.

"Do you have any ID?"

"Yeah. Yes, of course."

Markus digs through his pockets for the IDs while I look over at Rupert.

"Good morning, Ms. Wilson. Sorry to bother you, this is Mike from the car park." Rupert mimics someone's voice. "There's a problem with your car."

"Problem? What kind of problem?" She asks.

"Somebody's backed into it. You better come take a look."

"Are you serious? Oh, God, alright. Fine, I'll be right down." She gets up and walks out.

Rupert comes over to us. "We're clear." He whispers in Markus' ear.

Markus nods and finally takes the IDs out. "Here they are." He says after making her wait.

She goes to grab the IDs and Markus grabs her hand.

"I need your help." He tells her, converting her to our side.

He lets go and she takes the IDs. "I've just checked your IDs. The elevators are after the security gate." She tells us.

"Thanks," Markus says, taking his and Rupert's IDs.

The three of us pass the security gates and turn the corner to the elevators. We get in one and Markus takes us to the 47th floor. The elevator doors open once again and we step out.

"You two meet me by the fire escape," Markus tells us and we nod.

Rupert grabs my hand so we can blend in still and we split off. Rupert and I walk around for a while and act like we're checking signs to see where we're going.

"Psst." We hear.

We look around and spot North with Markus. They both have android uniforms on and Markus stole a maintenance cart. We hurry over to them and make our way to the server room only to find two guys standing in front of it.

"Shit! We need to access the server room. We have to get rid of those guys." North says as we all stick close to the wall so we won't be seen.

"Leave it to me," Markus says.

He heads to the right and I see him hack a device which then starts making a loud beeping noise.

"Hey, what's wrong with that thing?" One of the guards says.

"Jesus Christ, this piece of shit." The other says as the two go to investigate.

North grabs the bag from the maintenance cart and we head inside the server room.

"Alright, you get the platform. I'll take care of the window." Markus says to North.

"Everything you need is in the bag. Check the door first to make sure no one gets in." North says.

"I got it," Rupert says and steps towards the door. He puts his hand on it, hacking it.

Markus goes to the window and does his part while I tap my foot nervously and bite my nails.

'Oh God. I have to climb a damn building and in this terrible weather of all things.'

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump.