Chapter 26

Lisa -

As quiet as we could, we all stepped back but one thing we forgot about is that the wild boar that we killed is drenched in fresh blood so -

"Fuck!"

We all started shooting as the group of zombies started to charge their way towards us and so did we.

"Chu did you bring explosives?"

"No I didn't, I'm sorry!" she yelled as she pulled her knife from her back to slit the throat of the old lady who almost got near her.

"Damn it!!" Seulgi was left at the back as she dragged the wild boar near the water.

Grabbing the neck of the zombie, I pointed my gun on its chin and killed it. Blood splattered to my face and the smell almost made me vomit.

"I'm gonna help Seulgi!" I yelled at Byul and Jisoo who was also busy with the others.

"Hurry up!! Make sure to drench the boar with water so they won't smell fresh blood!!" Jisoo instructs and I immediately run back towards Seulgi.

"Seul!!" I dashed and shot the zombie's head that was about to go near Seulgi.

Fuck!

There were three zombies coming at the other side of the forest.

"Seulgi, behind you!!" I scream as I tried to call her attention.

She turned around in an instant but she was too late, the zombie already tackled her down the ground.

Gaddamn it!!

I tried to shoot but I was out of ammo so I ran as fast as I could and grabbed my tactical knife. Two others were about to caught up and I immediately tackled them down. I aimed for the perfect spot and made sure to pierce my knife on the dead man's forehead.

The other zombie joined the fun as he tried to bite my cheek.

Fuck that was close!

The other one was bigger than me but the difference between the two of us is that my brain is still working. So I pushed him down the ground and slit his throat before piercing my knife on his forehead.

I immediately stood up and helped Seulgi drag the wild boar to the stream. We left the wild boar on the stream and let the flowing water wash its blood.

"Lisa" I glanced at Seulgi and saw zombies coming at the other side. I checked on Byul and Jisoo's direction and they were still killing a number of the undead.

"We can do this." Seulgi nodded at me as she pulled her gun and started to shoot.

I was out of ammo and I blame myself for not bringing my knapsack with me. I gripped unto my tactical knife tight and helped Seulgi. I don't know how long are we going to fight and how many are we supposed to kill today because the zombies kept on coming.

"I'm out of ammo!" Seulgi yelled as she stabbed one head.

Jisoo and Byul is now on our side with blood on their faces. The four of us were already panting heavily and we were all out of ammo.

A simple hunt for food turned into a suicidal mission.

What an adventure.

I glanced at the wild boar that is safely tied on the stream, blood still gushing from its neck.

The groaning sound of the dead became louder and that's when we realized that today isn't our lucky day.

As the zombies attacked, the four of us did our best to fight. Since all of us were out of ammo, we fought in combat using only our knives and fists.