Chapter 23

Jisoo –

I woke up at the sound of footsteps passing through our doorway. I glanced at my chipmunk that was sleeping peacefully beside me on the bed.

There are division of pillows in between us but having the chance to sleep with her on the same bed is already enough for me. I'm so happy that she no longer is ignoring me, thanks to Sunny – she got jealous and got so possessive of me.

I missed that feeling.

Speaking of Sunny -

I grabbed my knife and tiptoed my way to the door. As careful as I could, I opened the door and peeked at the dark hallway.

My heart started to pound as I tiptoed my way through the darkness. Breathing silently, I saw her at the end of the hallway, standing, waiting and watching like a professional thief.

Gripping unto my knife, I sneaked behind her and covered her mouth with my hand while I used the other to point my knife at her neck.

"Don't move" I whispered and made sure that my knife is pointed just above her throat.

"I know what you are Sunny"

"W-what are you talking about?" she asked.

"I saw your tattoo, the one on your left wrist"

Flashback:

"Kim, are you listening to me?"

I glanced at Chae's father as he left me with instructions. We visited the site for the new project and my eyes kept on wandering around the facility.

My heart kept on pounding so hard when the plane landed at our hometown, the hometown where I left the only girl I have ever loved.

"Kim, is everything clear?" I looked at her father with a poker face and nodded my head.

"Got it Mr. Park"

"Good. Let's get the samples today and go back to US tomorrow at night"

"Yes sir"

USA, I hate English so much but I was left with no choice but to go there. I hated the language that my love grew up with but I always find it hot whenever she speaks in her Australian accent.

"Kim, I have dinner with my daughter tonight. I don't want you to roam around Seoul while you're here, and I think I don't need to explain the reason why right?" He said with a stoic face.

"Yes Mr. Park, I know"

"Good. I just want to make sure that our deal is still in place" He said before he started to walk again while I trailed behind him.

My heart ached, I miss her everyday and I long to see her each passing day but I couldn't. I had to delete all my social media accounts because she has been trying to contact me every day and it's painful whenever I had to stop myself from replying.

I was so fixated with day dreaming, I didn't see where I was going and bumped into someone.

"Sorry" I bowed down and picked up my stuff that was scattered on the ground. I stood up hastily and quickly followed Chae's father when someone called me.

"Hey!"

The girl whistled and as I glanced back, I saw her holding my wallet.

Fuck!

I quickly went back to retrieve my beloved wallet and when the girl handed it over, I can't help but notice the tattoo in her wrist.

"Here you go. Be careful next time, there are a lot of thieves in this world" she says before walking back to her friends. They were a group of teenagers and just by looking at them, I know that they're not from here.