Chapter 27

Jennie –

As the grenade explodes, I lost balance and slipped. Lisa's hands were able to reach me in no time and in one swift move, she switched our positions making her fall to the ground first while I safely landed on top of her body.

Her arms held my body like a fragile glass as she whimpered in pain the moment her back reached the ground.

The sound of Jisoo's handmade grenade has silenced everything and all we heard was nothing but the deafening sound of the explosion.

"Lisa" I tried to call for her name but her arms were tightly wrapped around my body.

"Get up" I mumbled against the crook of her neck.

She didn't respond nor move a single muscle until I heard the most unpredictable thing from her mouth.

"I love you, Ruby Jane"

At that moment, my heart nearly stopped.

What did she say?

"Jennie"

"Lisa"

Our friends called for our names but all I heard was how my heart pounded so hard it felt like I'm about to explode. As I felt Lisa's arm loosening against my body, I raised my head to look at her but only to see a sleeping Lisa.

"I hate you Manoban"

I whispered and flicked her nose lightly.

How dare she say those words when she's unconscious!

"Bitch fell asleep?" Seulgi kicked her on the side and I automatically glared at her.

"Sorry" she says and I brushed the dirt off from Lisa's shoulder.

"So, should we start the meat party?" Byul grinned and they all cheered.

As I watched everyone having fun, I can't help but smile to myself. I can't believe that in the middle of this chaos, I can still find such friendship that I can truly treasure.

I glanced at the sleeping Lisa and for some reason, my eyes were drawn to her plump lips and a voice inside my head kept on telling me to just kiss her.

"Unnie, need help?" Rosie asked as she smiles at me.

"It's okay Rosie, I can manage" I smiled at her and sat beside Lisa instead.

"Should we carry her back to the cabin?" Jisoo asked and I shake my head.

"Let her sleep for awhile, I'll stay here with her" I said.

"You sure Jen?" Irene asked and I nodded my head.

She glanced at the metal fence and there were still zombies gathering from the other side, the grenade didn't kill them all but as long as the fence is there, they won't be able to get through. They can't even open a door, what else climb a fence.

"We'll be okay here"

"Let's just leave them babe" Seulgi whispers.

As soon as everybody was gone, I studied Lisa and felt butterflies going crazy inside my belly. She was still holding her knife which I carefully removed from her hands. She was covered in dirt and she reeks of blood but I must say that she still looks hot.

"So what did you say?" I shrugged my shoulder and closed my locker only to see Irene with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't say anything" I answered her and grabbed my bag.

"He's your boyfriend Jen and you know how his pride is bigger than his balls"

"I know" I sighed and glanced outside the window only to see Lisa sleeping at her favourite spot.