Chapter 34

The Big Five, Hearts, and the former Masked bladers were gathered in the lobby of the Ragging Bulls. "So, we drop from the sky and storm the Snake Pit?" Vin asked. "Sneak in if we can but that's highly unlikely." Shu said. "We're going to be up against every single blader Ashtem and Phi have taken control of. We have to give this everything we've got. This is our first and final shot. We fail, everything we know crumbles to nothing." Sora said. "Are you sure we should be attacking so soon after you know what?" Sable aka Silver Eye asked. "I'm fine. Besides, if we wait any longer, who knows what will happen?" Sora said. "Right." Sable said. "I never thought we would be working together to bring down Theodore." Norman said. "Neither did I." Shu said. "It was only two years ago you guys were chasing us, trying to bring us back to Ashtem." Sora said. "I feel bad about that considering what he did to you two." Vin said. "It's not like you knew what he planned to do." Sora said. "Besides, helping us to free the bladers in the same predicament is redemption." Shu said. "You guys done talking so we can go?" Lui asked. "Lets go." Sora said.

~Timeskip~

The bladers sat in a plane across from each other. All of them were wearing parachutes. All had a serious expression on their faces, even the normally cheerful Valt Aoi. Sora's gaze was focused on the ground. She looked calm and composed but there was a hidden fear in her gold eyes. What are we going to have to face once we get there? Is one of us not going to make it out? She looked towards the door on the side of the plane. I wonder if this is what Dad felt like when he had to save the beyblade world. Was he terrified like I am now? She thought. She felt a hand on her right shoulder that shook her out of her thoughts. She turned her head to see Shu offering her a small smile. "It's going to be ok. We've beat Ashtem before, we can do it again." He said. Sora smiled back at him but fear and doubt was still weighing her down. She looked away from the albino and shook her head to clear her mind. He's right. We've beaten him before. And I have beaten Phi. This time, they're going against all of us in person. No need to be afraid. She thought. The fear and doubt were replaced by determination. "We've got this." She said."We're over the drop zone." The pilot's voice said over the intercom. The bladers stood up and walked over to the door. One of the crew members opened the door and cold air rushed inside. The top of the temple could be seen among the trees. On a count of three, the bladers jumped out of the plane one by one. The wind roared in Sora's ears and she could feel the wind pulling at her hair, making it flare out and wave around crazily. She looked at the other bladers and saw that the wind was doing the same to them. She started laughing, catching the other bladers' attention. They all seemed to notice what their hair was doing and they also started laughing. "We look like Lui!" Sora yelled. "I'm gonna crush your dreams into bits!" Valt yelled, doing an impersonation of Lui's scowl. "Those impersonations could've been better." Lui yelled. "We should totally do this again!" Hearts yelled. "Yeah! This is fun!" Valt yelled. For a while it didn't feel like they were on a mission. They felt like the teens they were. When they had fallen far enough, they pulled the cord on their parachutes, causing them to deploy and slow the bladers' descent. They landed in the jungle a few yards away from the Snake Pit. They walked towards the old temple-like building, walking around the occasional snake that decided to say 'hello'. They eventually reached the edge of the clearing and stopped. Sora scanned the area for traps or any sign of the other bladers, there was nothing out of the ordinary. She looked back and nodded at the group before they cautiously walked into the clearing. The door of the temple opened and the bladers got into their fighting stances, expecting to be swarmed by the bladers under Ashtem's control. The glow of familiar red eyes appeared at the entrance. "Katsumi?" Sora said, her voice questioning. The red eyes disappeared as the blader turned and ran. "Katsumi!" Sora yelled before giving chase. "Sora wai- and she's gone." Shu said. The group took off running after the white and gold haired blader who was in turn, chasing the blader who had appeared at the entrance. They ran inside, the doors closing behind them. Sora chased the mysterious blader down several hallways before being led into an all too familiar room. The group stood in what used to be Yellow Eye's battle room. The blader Sora had been chasing had suddenly disappeared. "Why were we led in here?" Hearts asked. "I don't know but we have to keep our guard up. There's no telling what tricks Ashtem and Phi have up their sleeves." Sora said. The group walked farther into the room. "I forgot how hot this room was." Valt said, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Sora and Shu had already taken off their trench coats to cope with the extreme heat of the room. "I hope we find the door soon. I'm gonna melt." Hearts said. He's wearing a jumpsuit with long sleeves and dark colors so he's really feeling the heat. Poor Hearts. Sora thought. The group spotted Rantaro Kiyama standing in front of a beystadium with his launcher held in front of him. "Honcho!" Valt yelled, running towards his friend. The blond didn't reply, his face was expressionless and his normally brown eyes were a menacing purple. He had dark circles under his eyes as if he was extremely exhuasted. He was staring straight ahead, seeming to be focused on nothing. "Honcho! Snap out of it! It's me, Valt!" Valt said, grabbing Rantaro's shoulders and shaking him. There was no reply from the blond, not even any acknowledgement that he knew Valt was there. "He can't Valt. You've got to get a hold of his bey and then we've got to figure out where Ashtem hid the device on it." Sora said. Valt backed away from Rantaro and walked to the opposite side of the stadium from him. "I think I can get it by battling him." Valt said. "Make it fast, I don't know how much longer I can take this heat." Hearts said. Valt nodded before getting the launcher and bey ready and getting into his launching position. "I wonder what his plan is." Shu said. "We'll just have to see." Sora said. "So if Rantaro Kiyama took Yellow Eye's place, then Wakiya Murosaki must've taken my place." Dante, aka Violet Eye said. "And Diago Kurogami took my place." Damian, aka Black Eye said. "And Cuza Ackerman took my place." Wade, aka Gray Eye said. "Then who took my place?" Vin asked. "We'll have to just wait and see." Shu said.