Chapter 18

Sora awoke to the sound of two people yelling. She kept her eyes closed and tried to focus on the voices, trying to figure out who they belonged to. "Let us in Hearts! I'm here to battle you!" One voice yelled. "Open up!" The other yelled. They must be at the entrance, I can barely hear them. Sora thought. She heard the gates open and the voices got louder. "Hearts, come out and battle me right now!" The first yelled. Wait, that's Aiger Akabane. Sora realized. She didn't hear the owner of the second voice again. Maybe I just thought there were two people. I- Sora's thoughts were interrupted by the owner of the second voice. "Where is he?" The voice yelled. That's Ranjiro Kiyama. What is he doing here? She thought. She winced as Hearts voice echoed throughout the Dead Gran. "Hello to everyone out there watching! If you wish to challenge me, come to the Dead Gran. But for now, I have quite a show for you today! We have our first challenger, Aiger Akabane!" Hearts said. Sora heard two sets of footsteps run past the doorway to the room she was being kept in. "Ranjiro! Aiger!" Sora yelled. She heard the footsteps stop. "Did you hear something Cap'n?" Aiger asked. "Yeah, I did." Ranjiro replied. "Ran-" Sora's shouts where silenced by someone putting a gag in her mouth. "We can't have you breaking out now can we?" Kyle's voice said. Sora growled in anger and attempted to spit the gag out but Kyle put his hand over her mouth, preventing her from doing so. Sora shook her head wildly, trying to get the boy's hand off of her mouth. "I guess we're both hearing things." Ranjiro said. The footsteps faded as the two walked farther down the hallway. Kyle removed his hand from Sora's mouth before leaving the room. Sora angrily spat out the gag and growled. Sora thought about pulling against the chains but she knew it wouldn't get her anywhere. At least, not at that moment. She had to wait for the sound of footsteps and the familiar voices, and then she was going to give everything she had to let them know where she was. Shu, Valt, please hurry. Sora thought. She closed her eyes and continued listening to what was going on around her.

~Fubuki POV~

Fubuki ran into the Raging Bulls headquarters and into the elevator. He stood calmly as the elevator took him up to the training rooms. It opened and Fubuki ran out of it and towards one of the training rooms. He ran through the doors and spotted the person he was looking for. He ran towards Shu, who had apparently heard him coming and turned to face him. "Fubuki." Shu said, seeming a bit surprised when he didn't see Fubuki's twin sister. Shu turned back around to watch the TV that currently showed Aiger and Ranjiro running down the hallways of the Dead Gran. "We better get going Shu." Fubuki said. Shu nodded before turning around and running out the door with Fubuki hot on his tail. The two ran out of the Raging Bulls headquarters and to a car that was waiting for them. The car sped away from the building towards the airport. The two bladers sat in silence, their eyes focused on the road ahead.

~Sora POV~

"Bonjour Sora Hagane." A voice greeted, causing Sora to open her eyes and look up at whoever had spoken. It was none other than Count Night himself. "What do you want?" Sora asked. "You're the owner of Cho-Z Draco. The bey that was formerly known as Dark Draco. The bey that Astem created by fusing the abilities Ronin Dragoon and L Drago Destructor together. The bey that you made even better by upgrading it and adding Cho-Z wings and using the Absorb tip." Count Night said, pausing to walk up to Sora and grab the white, gold, and blue colored bey out of her bey holder. "Cho-Z Draco has no connection to Dark Draco. Cho-Z Draco was created by me. Sure, it combines the abilities of Ronin Dragoon and L Drago Destructor but it is nothing like Dark Draco. They are completely different. Dark Draco was dangerous, so was Spryzen Requiem. Those two beys were created by Ashtem, who's intentions were dark and twisted." Sora growled, her anger and fear flaring at the mention of her former bey. Count Night seemed to notice the gold eyed blader's change in mood. "Did I strike a nerve? No matter, I'm not here to discuss where this bey came from. I'm here to tell you that Cho-Z Draco will soon be in my possession." Count Night said. Sora's eyes narrowed at Count Night's declaration. "And how do you plan on taking it from me?" Sora asked. "A simple bey battle. I win, I take Cho-Z Draco. You win, you get to keep it. Simple as that." Count Night explained. "You're pretty confident considering who you're talking to." Sora said calmly. "Unfortunately, I currently have no bey, but I will soon." Count Night said before turning to walk away. "I think you're forgetting something." Sora said. Count Night stopped in his tracks and looked at the bey that he currently held in his right hand. He turned around and walked back to Sora and put Draco back in her bey holder. "I look forward to taking Draco from you." He said before turning to leave. You can go ahead and try if you want. But Draco will remain my bey. Sora thought. She closed her eyes and continued to wait.

~Aiger POV~

Aiger panted in exhaustion after bursting Left Astro in the solar stadium. His purple eyes returned to their normal turquoise color as his evil counterpart released its control on him. "That will teach them to doubt my power." Evil Aiger growled. Woah, it's my power! You're just using me! Aiger said. "Eh... you should really learn to release that power then. Seriously, you almost became a pancake! And what about Evel's bey?" Evil Aiger countered. I had it handled! Aiger said. "Just admit it, you needed my help." Evil Aiger said. Yeah whatever, lets just go. Aiger said. Aiger and Ranjiro ran towards the exit of the room and towards the next challenge.

~Shu POV~

Shu had his eyes closed, thinking about Aiger's match with Valt.

~Flashback~

Aiger's eyes changed back to a purple color. "After I wipe the floor with you, I'll become the new world champion!" Aiger said, his voice beginning to sound dark. Shu's eyes narrowed at Aiger's words, he took note of the maroon haired blader's eye color. His eyes... it couldn't be. Is Ashtem at it again? Shu thought.

~Small timeskip~

"I'm gonna win this match because I'm Ashtem!" Aiger yelled. He's heading down the same path Sora and I did two years ago. But, is he fighting back, or is he doing this willingly? Shu wondered.

~Small timeskip~

Valtryek rocketed towards Achillies, the two beys colliding in the center. Neither were giving up an inch. Shu heard the faint sound of a bey cracking. "Oh no." Shu whispered. The two beys were sent backwards before they charged towards each other once more. They collided and Valtreyk shattered into four pieces. Shu's eyes widened in shock as he stared at the pieces to his friend's bey. Valtreyk's layer and level chip was split in half. Aiger's eyes returned to their normal turquoise color and his hair also returned to normal. He was smiling at his win. "Valt..." Shu whispered as he stared in disbelief at the shattered pieces of Wonder Valtryek.

~End Flashback~

The plane shook violently, shaking Shu out of his thoughts and causing him to open his eyes. He looked out the plane window to see the dark storm clouds surrounding the plane. Purple lightning began to flash wildly around the plane. "We must be getting close." Shu said. He felt the plane begin to go down as the pilot began to land it. "You ready Fubuki?" Shu asked, turning away from the window to face the blond haired blader. "Of course." Fubuki answered. The two were jolted around in their seats as the plane landed. The plane slowly came to a stop on the semi-rocky ground. "We aren't going to be able to stay in this area, sir." The pilot said. "Then we'll just find another way to get back to New York." Shu said as he stood up. He turned and walked towards the exit of the plane with Fubuki following. The two bladers walked down the stairs and away from the plane before stopping and looking at the Dead Gran. "Lets go." Shu said before running towards the Dead Gran's entrance with Fubuki following behind. Just hang on Sora. Shu thought.