31 || Code Breaker

Episode: Code Breaker

"Wait, where are you going?" Jackson chased after us as we headed toward the exit.

Stiles continued walking, "To find Scott."

"You don't have a car." The other boy pointed out, puzzled.

"I'm aware of that. Thank you."

"Here, I'll drive. Come on." Jackson declared, gripping my friend's shoulder.

Instantly, Stiles threw his hand off him and turned around with a disgusted look, "Look, just because you feel guilty all of a sudden, it doesn't make it alright, okay? Half of this is still your fault." My nose flared. The anger I had felt about him telling Argent about us returned.

"Look, I have a car. You don't." Jackson reminded him, making me narrow my eyes. He made a great point: If we're going to look for Scott, we can't do it on foot. Even if we knew where we were going, we wouldn't be fast enough. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Don't say it like that." I snapped, "We're not begging you."

Stiles placed a hand on my shoulder, possibly noticing that I was getting irritated. He thought, "Alright, did you bring the Porsche?"

"Yeah," Jackson nodded, pulling out the small keys.

"Good." The buzzcut-haired boy responded, snatching the keys, "I'll drive."

I grinned; he really took this as an opportunity.

We all turned to leave but were stopped as a small group of people walked in front of us - Mr. Argent and more hunters. My face dropped, heart racing. They knew I was not entirely human; this was bad for me.

"Boys." The older man greeted me and turned to me with more of a disgusted look; it made me shiver. He faked a smile, "And girl." Stiles and I shared a knowing look. "I was wondering if you could tell me where Scott McCall is."

"Scott McCall?" Stiles repeated, "Um, Thaís and I haven't seen him since the dance."

"Yeah, and that was a long while ago," My shaky voice piped in, "We don't exactly keep tabs on him."

Argen cocked his head, narrowing his eyes slightly, "Is that so, Thaís?"

I pursed my lips annoyedly and nodded, "Yeah, it is so."

"Jackson, you?" Stiles questioned.

The blonde looked between the hunters and us, "Um... I -" He shook his head vigorously, not knowing what else to say.

My eyes shut in discontent, "Shit."

"Oh, for the love of God," Stiles mumbled.

In seconds, we were being stuffed into an empty, dark room by Argent's men. A wince came as I was tossed, landing roughly on one of the hard-cushioned hospital beds. I scrambled to turn around and make sure the two boys were okay. The door was slammed shut and locked.

"Let's try this again." He demanded, glaring over his shoulder at us, "Where is Scott McCall?"

"We don't know." I fired as the lights were turned on.

"Must I remind you that you are not one to be lying to me!" Argent threatened. Suddenly, one of the henchmen approached and grabbed me from behind, restraining my body tightly against theirs. By his grip, I could tell he was trained to disregard my existence as a human; he held me as if I was some vicious animal.

"Hey! Get your hands off of her!" Stiles ordered, but the man held me tighter as I tried to loosen his grasp.

Rather than giving him his way, Argent chuckled dryly before grabbing him by the shirt and slamming him against some medical cabinets, "Let me ask you a question, Stiles. Have you ever seen a rabid dog?"