01 || Through the Midnight

Episode: Wolf Moon

The week had passed by fast, and now the night seemed too short. The first day of Sophomore year was officially tomorrow.

Scott McCall sat in his room, preparing for the big day tomorrow. Surprisingly, Scott wasn't nervous but excited. The reason – He was determined to be first-line on the lacrosse team this year. His asthma would not become an obstacle to his goal. To prove this, he had practiced and worked out all summer.

He had fixed his lacrosse stick and done pull-ups before entering his bathroom and brushing his teeth. He repeatedly doused water on his face but abruptly stopped as he heard loud creaking. Scott looked at himself in the mirror; water droplets rolled down his face. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion, and he turned to look behind him. A frown etched on his lips when the noise returned.

Soon he was on the front porch, nervous. A baseball bat in hand. He was prepared to swing at whoever had made the noise.

Catching him off guard, something swung from the rooftop, bringing down a load of leaves.

"Ah!" He yelled synchronously with someone else, raising his bat but not swinging. Upon hearing another yell, Scott paused and opened his eyes slowly. Once he saw them, his eyes widened in terror and surprise, "Stiles, what the hell are you doing?!"

His long-time best friend, Stiles Stilinski, was hanging upside down from the roof, hands dangling free in the air. "You weren't answering your phone." His eyes landed on the item in Scott's hands, and he stared at it, confused, "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator," Scott replied frantically.

Stiles' mouth gaped in disbelief. "A pre - I - Wha -" He stuttered, chortling at the reply, "Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department and even State Police."

Scott's eyebrows knit together, confused. "For what?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." The buzzcut-haired boy revealed before swiftly flipping himself over and landing his feet on the ground.

"A dead body?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a dead body." He jumped over the rail to his best friend.

"You mean like murdered?"

"Nobody knows yet." The boy answered, his hands on his hips, "Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s."

The shaggy-haired boy's eyebrows conjoined, "Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

A tiny smile looped on Stiles' lips. "That's the best part." He tried to hold in his excitement. "They only found half. " His friend looked at him incredulously, asking if he was serious. Stiles nodded, briefly shut his eyes as he sucked his lip, making a slight popping noise. "We're going."