29 || This Crazy World

Episode: Code Breaker

Lydia's unmoving body remained the focal point of my vision. There was no reason for her to die or become injured as she didn't have a connection to the supernatural world. Yet, here she was, used as leverage over Stiles and me. It's the second time I found myself not knowing how to save someone, and the thought of losing Lydia was killing me; my dream hadn't given me the outcome of this situation.

Sniffling, I turned toward Peter, hissing, "You're a monster."

The older man smirked, making me disgusted as he mocked me, "Oh, but my dear, don't you see we are the same?"

"I am nothing like you!" Peter didn't say more, but his expression showed he was unfazed by my hatred for him. Instead, he grasped our arms and began to drag us along with him. We started to struggle against him. "Let go! You cannot do this, Peter!" He glanced down at me and rolled his eyes to ensure I saw he was unconcerned about Lydia's wellbeing. I shined my eyes at him with a growl before ripping my arm out of his hold - At this, his lips quirked up again.

Stiles escaped his grasp, returning to kneeling beside Lydia, "No, I'm not just letting you leave her here."

Peter took a napkin from his coat and began cleaning the bloody mess he had made on his face, "You guys don't have a choice. You are coming with me."

My friend whimpered, "Just kill me."

"Wh -" I whispered, wide-eyed, "Stiles, what the hell are you saying?"

He ignored me, "Look, I don't care anymore!"

The Alpha suddenly walked closer, placing his claws on the younger boy's throat, guiding him to stand up. Stiles' breathing accelerated; his hand was wrapped around the older man's wrist as if to prevent him from jabbing them into his throat.

"Peter, stop," I growled, going and pushing Peter away from him.

He glared at me for having interrupted his power trip and then broke into a relaxed tone, "Call your friend. Tell Jackson where she is. Thaís can stay to save appearances, but that is all you two get."

My eyes widened. I turned to look at Stiles, "I am not staying."

"Yes, you are." He demanded.

"What if he hurts you?"

The brokenhearted boy's eyes met mine, practically pleading, "Thai, she's going to die if there is no one to look after her, so please, just stay with her. I'll be fine."

We stared at each other; I wondered if leaving him alone with Peter was the best option... but Lydia was dying before my eyes, "Okay. Okay, I'll stay." I nodded and then turned to look at the monster, glaring at him. I was seething, "If you even hurt him, you are paying for it."

"Save your words, Thaís. The boy will be fine." He snapped before dragging him away.

Once they had walked a distance, I quickly kneeled by Lydia's side and applied pressure with my hand over her bleeding bite wound. This isn't gonna work. My shaking hands made their way to my dress, ripping a portion and quickly holding it as gauze. Her heart was beating faintly, "Stay with me, Lydia. It's gonna be alright."

I grabbed my phone and texted Jackson, telling him to come to the lacrosse field immediately before dialing again.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"Please help me. My friend is dying."

- - ֍ - -

I looked around for Jackson for the one-millionth time, still pressing down on Lydia's laceration. It hadn't been too long since I had texted him, but it felt like an eternity just waiting for someone to acknowledge that my friend was dying, "God damn it."