28 || Dazed

Episode: Formality

The Beacon Hills High School parking lot was crowded with teenagers dressed in their fanciest clothes. Dates interlaced by the arms and walking in unison, grinning and enjoying each other's company. The outside of the school had been decorated - Projector lights reflected giant white stars across the school's brick walls, there were lights hung up over the window and wrapped around bushes.

"Ready?" Asher turned toward his visibly nervous date, sending a reassuring smile. He squeezed her hand gently, "We don't have to go inside if you don't want. There's this new burger joint I've had my eye on for a while."

A chuckle escaped Thaís, "I'm fine." He narrowed his eyes, pressing on, "I promise."

The young male took a deep breath as if contemplating believing her word; He didn't want to pressure or annoy her by continuing to ask, so a nod was given, "Alright."

She sighed, giving him a sweet smile, "Don't worry about me. I think I'm just a bit scared about crowded spaces -" Her head rotated, looking over her bare shoulder, "Especially with people from school."

Asher chuckled before cringing at the thought of coexisting in the same atmosphere with some of the most obnoxious people in the school and being supervised by the teachers he least liked, "I actually quite agree with that."

Her grin grew wider, giggling, feeling more at ease. The strange bubbly feeling soothed her as she focused on other things rather than the atmosphere. In no time, they were walking into the packed gymnasium. A place with blaring music, bright lights dancing in programmed motions, with many students living in their worlds within the ecosystem. 

"Thaís!" A female voice chirped. The pair turned to see Lydia waving them over, sitting next to Stiles at one of the tables.

The brunette beamed excitedly and gave Asher a tiny nudge, asking him to follow her toward her friends, "Hello." Honestly, it looked as if they weren't having much of a good time; she was sure Lydia was blaming her for it... Jackson too.

"Hey." Asher greeted.

"You guys look great together," Lydia commented, causing the two to glance at each other with bashful smiles.

Stiles Stilinski watched as the beautiful girl blushed, an uncomfortable bubble formed at the pit of his stomach. His lips pursed; the idea of someone else dancing with her and making her smile all night didn't sit well with him.

"Thank you." The girl thanked.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks," Asher whispered into his date's ear to get her to hear over the loud music. He pulled away with a conflicted look, "I am going to pray nothing is spiked."

Thaís giggled, "I assure you 6 out of 10, it is."

Asher snickered, "Have faith, yeah?" He then walked away, leaving her in her friend's safe company.

She turned to her friends and frowned; Lydia was staring out at the multitude dancing and having more fun. Her eyes connected with Stiles', sending a soft smile.

His heart skipped a beat when she did, but he tried to play it cool. Her gesture was returned, "You look beautiful." Those words were something he couldn't stop himself from saying.

Thaís felt her lungs compress, face flushing with blood, "Thank you. You look handsome." Lydia, who was still sitting there, smirked at the awkwardness. The brunette and her connected eyes for a second, and she could tell what Lydia was thinking. Her throat cleared, "What are you guys doing still sitting down?"