16 || The Anchor Discovery

Episode: Heart Monitor

"It's her," Stiles stated, opening the door so we could get to the hallway.

Scott frowned, confusedly looked around. "What do you mean?"

"It's Allison." I clarified.

"Remember what you told us about the night of the full moon?" Stiles continued from my statement, "You were thinking about her, right? About protecting her."

He nodded, taking his words in, "Okay?"

"Remember the night of the first lacrosse game?" The latter asked again, "You said you could hear her voice out on the field."

"Yeah, I did." Scott agreed, looking over at his friend.

"Well, so that's what brought you back so you could score." Stiles revealed, "And then after the game in the locker room, you didn't kill her. Well, at least not how you did with us." He then sighed, hesitating with his words, "She brings you back, is what I'm saying."

I nodded. "Like an anchor."

Scott stared at us for a moment and then opened his mouth. "No, no, no, but it's not always true -" He countered, beginning to ramble "- because literally every time I'm kissing her or touching her -"

Our buzzcut-haired friend shook his head, waving him off. "No, that's not the same." He interrupted, making Scott confused. "When you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know." 

Immediately, Scott began to zone out, smiling like an idiot.

I furrowed my brows, "Why did you just start smiling?"

Stiles caught the look I was sending and turned to Scott, who was still beaming. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "You're thinking about sex right now, aren't you?"

My eyes sealed, dumbfounded. "Clearly." I snorted.

The shaggy-haired boy let out a sheepish, breathy laugh. "Yeah. Sorry."

"That's fine." Stiles dismissed, rolling his eyes slightly before pointing in the direction we had just come from. "Look, back in the classroom when she was holding your hand, that was different, okay? I don't think she makes you weak. I think she actually gives you control. Like Thai said, she's kind of like an anchor."

"You mean because I love her." Scott blurted, making my eyes widened at this sudden epiphany.

"Exactly," Stiles replied with a nod.

Realization crossed Scott's expression. "Did I just say that?"

"Yeah." I laughed with surprise.

"Yes, you just said that." The lanky boy nodded, not finding anything important in that.

The other paused for a second before finally taking it in. He chuckled, surprised. "I love her."

I grinned. "Aw. That's amazing." Scott beamed, seemingly appreciating my support.

"That's great," Stiles answered with a small smile directed towards his friend, who was on cloud nine. "Now, moving on -"

"No, no, no, really. I think I'm totally in love with her."

"And that's beautiful," Stiles answered, a bit annoyed the conversation was losing its main point and was diverting elsewhere. He sighed, the corner of his lip curling up. "Now, before you go off and write a sonnet, can we figure this out, please? Because you obviously can't be around her all the time."