21 || Into You

Episode: Lunatic

"Thaís? Come on, wake up."

Lazily, the weights on my eyes lifted, exposing a bright light and blurry silhouettes that lingered above me — speaking incomprehensible sentences. My eyebrows furrowed with perplexion. "Hey," The silhouette slowly came into focus, and Asher's features started becoming recognizable - A frown was etched upon his lips. "Thaís? Can you hear me?"

I nodded slowly, voice groggy, "W - What happened?"

"You fainted." He answered before helping me sit up, finally noticing I was still in the classroom and everyone was staring directly at me. Great, this is helpful for my introverted self.

"Miss Levine," Called out Mr. Harris, making us look toward him, "I suggest going to the nurse's office."

I opened my mouth to say I was fine.

"Can I take her?" Asher interrupted while rubbing my shoulder tenderly. The straight-faced man gave him a brief nod in agreement. The boy turned to me, "Come on." He whispered and helped me stand up.

Quickly, I went to grab my stuff from my desk, but I found Isaac already holding them in his hands. He gave me a small smile as Asher grabbed my things from his hands. "I hope you feel better."

My lips curled upward, "Thank you." I glanced at Allison, who had been standing beside Asher. She gave me an encouraging smile, and I returned it before following the boy out. "How long was I out?" I questioned as we walked down the hall to the nurse's office.

"Um - One to two minutes."

I pursed my lips, nodding, then smirked, "I can hold my things, you know?"

"It's fine. I got it." My eyebrow quirked, making him grin, chuckling. "What?"

"I'm not gonna make you carry my stuff."

He bit his lip. "You didn't make me. I wanted to, and I'm not asking for your permission."

My eyes rolled. "Fine."

"Oh, thanks," He laughed quietly, making me grin. "Are you okay? You know, after that night?"

I looked up at him and frowned. "I-I mean, I guess so... Maybe a bit paranoid."

His lips curled downward. "You're gonna be okay. I'll be right here if anything." He muttered, reaching to rub my shoulder comfortingly. I nodded, grateful that he was kind enough to be checking up on me.

We arrived at the nurse's office, and Asher was the first to reply to the woman's questions. My face scrunched when he told her I had fainted during class - I didn't want her to call my mom. Thankfully, it went my way, and she told me to take a nap, and if I still didn't feel good, she would send me home (but she would still tell my mother). I had no other choice than to accept that fate.

"Feel better," Asher remarked as he went to make an exit.

A smile looped on my lips. "Thanks. Good luck on that exam."

"Don't remind me." I giggled, cocking my head. He smirked, "See you around."

▪ ° ▪

"Please, take care of yourself." Demanded a worried Lydia, crossing her arms over her chest. When Thaís exited the nurse's office, the strawberry blonde had been there to see if her friend was okay. The rumor had spread like wildfire, but Allison had been the first to let her know before anyone told her.

"I'm fine."

Lydia pouted, "Yeah, but I mean, people usually faint for a multitude of reasons - Not eating, not drinking water, exhaustion -"