Questions

Grace's POV

After our meeting with Xavier I just laid there in bed wide awake thinking about how I got to the place I am today. I wondered if things would've been different if James was out of the picture and I only had Xavier as my mate instead. Would we be in love? Would he have been an amazing father to Aiden? Would we have anymore children and if we did what would they look like? Even though I hate James with a passion for what he did to us I still wished that things would've ended up differently. How I wished they were different so we could've been normal mates like everyone else is. But I know that nothing can take back the past what was done has been done and there's nothing that could change what he did nor how I felt about it. I turned to look at Aiden he was curled up in the fetal position clinging to the pillow I had put beside him. I looked at his face studying the features he had gotten from his father. How it pained me that he would live without knowing who his father is or having that father-son relationship that I hoped he could have.

Man you think way too much for it being late at night. I chuckled at Sky's comment but she was right I was overthinking tonight but technically it was for good reason.

You know that what I'm thinking about is every mother's worse concern when her baby daddy is a horrible piece of shit person that deserves to get punched into the dark pits of hell. Plus having a horrible mate is part of every wolf's nightmare as well. We literally grew up waiting for the day that we meet our one true love and are supposed to living happily ever after. YET WE GOT HIM! I snapped at her. I could feel tears running down my face from the frustration of everything that has happened and that my baby will never have a complete family.

Gray, sweetie, everything is okay we have raised a wonderful pup and even though I know that you're right about all the things that have been going we have done a great job. We'll be okay and we have been okay without our mate we don't need him in our lives or our pup's life.

I know that we've been okay but you got to admit it Sky....tonight with Xavier was nice. He has such a different attitude than James . I never thought that his wolf would be the polar opposite of what James was, it's strange.

I know Grace. It was nice having Xavier here with us. Even if it was for a few minutes . Unfortunately, because of James, we'll never have that relationship with him. She was right we couldn't be with just Xavier. I sighed in disappointment.

It's alright Gracie. Now we need to sleep I swear I can almost hear the roosters singing. She chuckled trying to move one from this depressing topic.

You're right Sky we should get some sleep Aiden will probably be waking up pretty soon. Goodnight Sky thanks for the pep talk.

Goodnight Grace and you're welcome. Don't forget that we're always a team.

She was right, me and her have been through everything together and have shared the same pain. I can't keep thinking about the what ifs anymore I just need to focus on the best for us and Aiden. As of right now I know that James is not right for us. I got myself comfy in bed and closed my eyes allowing the darkness to take over.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping instead of Aiden yelling at me to get up and that alone had me shoot out of bed and look around the room for my boy.

"Aiden! Aiden where are you baby!" I yelled in hopes that he could hear me  and respond. Soon I could hear him yelling out screaming which made me run toward the noise but came to a stop when I realized that he was playing with the twins. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw them playing monsters as Roland was it and both Aiden and Logan were attacking him with plastic swords. I smiled at their antics and walked toward the kitchen to make myself some coffee and something to eat.

"Well good morning super momma." Said Sophia as she came and joined me in the kitchen.

"I think I'm far from being a super momma I didn't even notice that Aiden had left the bed this morning until I woke up." I said while taking a sip of my coffee and turning to face Sophia and leaned on the counter.

"The boys passed by your room and heard Aiden up they wanted to let you sleep so they brought him down to play. That doesn't mean that you're not a super mom." She finished while giving me a "just take the compliment look" as she moved next to me to get herself a cup of coffee as well.

"Thanks Soph. Oh and do I have a story to tell you and the girls about last night." I said remembering last night's conversation with Xavier.

"Oooo I can't wait for the gossip and telling by the look on your face it's going to be good." She said making me chuckle and roll my eyes. Sophia and I decided on making some eggs with toast for breakfast and sit down to catch up while waiting for the rest of our pack to get up to figure out what we are going to do with the rogue problem. I got up to clean after ourselves and then decided to check on the guys and Aiden to see if they were okay with him. I peeked into the living room where they were playing and found all three of them laying on the floor sound asleep while Toy Story was playing on the screen. I chuckled to myself and left Aiden to sleep in between the twins so I wouldn't disturb them. I walked back toward the kitchen to get something to drink before heading upstairs. Once in the kitchen I saw that James had come down to make some breakfast for himself. Debating whether I should get a drink or go straight upstairs. I took a deep breath deciding to go in and get a drink. I couldn't let him affect my life anymore I had to show him that I was strong and wasn't afraid of him. I walked into the kitchen ignoring him completely and grabbed a bottled water from the fridge before turning around to leave from the kitchen. I was almost out until I heard his voice call out to me.

"Grace. Can we please talk? Like actually sit down and talk about everything." He pleaded. I turned around faced him taking in his appearance noticing how miserable he looked and how messy he was. I felt a slight pang go through my heart.

"Why should I give you a chance to talk about what happened?" I asked while looking him straight in the eyes. He opened his mouth as if he was ready to say something but stopped and looked down in disappointment.

"I don't know." He whispered. Although I was mad with him it broke a part of my heart to see him this way. Stupid mate bond.

"When you figure out why I should give you a chance let me know until then there is nothing for us to talk about." I said before turning away toward the stairs to head up to my room. Hopefully he leaves me alone because I don't think I can ever give him a chance to explain. I sighed and reached my room opening the door I expected to be alone and was ready to lay down but instead was greeted by three girls eager to see me enter.

"Spill." They said in unison before pulling me into the room and slammed the door behind me.

Well this is going to be fun.