Decisions

Xavier's POV

What the hell are you talking about James? I can't keep control for that long. I know that I'm strong but our body won't be able to handle that. Do you know how much energy it takes for me to take over your body? It's taken me years to even control your body when I want and even then it's draining on us.

I know but what if I don't fight you it might help with saving our energy. Come on Xavier I wanna win Grace's heart and I think you have a better chance if you are the one that is in control. You were the one that tried to stop me and the one who didn't want to cheat on our mate. You are the best part of us. I CAN'T compete with you.

He said dejectedly. I don't know if I should feel bad for him or if I should be ecstatic at the fact that he is in pain. James was right about me being the best part of the two of us, he was always selfish thinking of only what makes him happy. I, however, thought about the pack and how we would make it to our mate once we found her. But, I had never heard of a wolf taking over the body of their human, we wouldn't know the consequences of it until we did it. I was afraid. What if we died while we did this. Who would take care of the pack? Who would take care of our mate and pup? I don't know if I can take that risk.

Xavier? What are you thinking about in there?

What if we die James? What would happen to the pack? I don't know if we should do this,

......Silence

James say something.

But what if this is the only way to get our mate back.... If this is the case I'm willing to face the consequences Xavier. Damnit what if he's right. Can I really risk losing her again especially now that I know we have a pup to protect. But what will happen to the pack.

We will think about it James. Our mate is definitely the most important thing in our life, we can't live without her, she only makes us stronger. However, we have to make sure that our pack gets stronger before we do anything this drastic.

Fine I'll wait on your decision Xavier. I'll do whatever you think is the best in this situation.

At least now you're not being a giant pain in my ass. Let's hope you stay this way human.

Very funny Xavier. Anyways we should head back now we've been out here for a while. I looked up toward the sky and noticed that the once blue sky was now getting darker. Were we really out here this long? I hoisted us off the ground dusting off our pants before starting our walk back to the pack house. I didn't know what to do, I was conflicted between trying to win back our mate and putting everything toward being the best Alpha we can be. James still has so much to learn and I didn't even know if Grace would take us as her mate because of what he had done. Maybe I should talk to Grace tonight. She was my other half and her opinion matters to me, it always has. She could help me with this dilemma, if she was willing. I would just have to wait until James fell asleep so I can take total control of our body and not worry about him listening in on our conversation.

I finally reached the pack house and made my way up to Grace's room ignoring the stares of the pack members. Once I reached her door I realized how nervous i was and wasn't sure how I would go about this.

What's wrong Xavier?

I don't know what I should say to her. You fucked up you idiot human and I don't know what to say to her. At least not when you're awake. I can't say that I want to talk to her while he's aware of everything. He'll know that I went to talk to her on my own and possibly know about Aiden.

Just go with your gut. You did nothing wrong, it was me Xavier. I"m sorry.

Just know it doesn't matter how much you apologize it won't change what you did. I growled out remembering how angry I was at him. I took a deep breath and raised my arm to knock on her door only for it to swing open.

"What do you want, James? Why are you standing by my door for so long?" She said in an angry tone. Her blue eyes fixated on me while her brows were furrowed with anger. I couldn't help but stay mesmerized by her beauty, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, even when she was upset.

She's beautiful isn't she?

Yes. Yes she is.

"Hello. Either say something or I'm going to slam the door in your face." She said as she waved her hand in front of our face.

"Hello Grace. My name is Xavier. I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet." I said with a look of "play along so James won't notice." She looked at me in confusion. But something clicked as her eyes widened in silent agreement.

"Hello Xavier. A pleasure to meet you." She said while extending her hand out for me to shake. I grabbed it up to my lips to place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. For a moment I felt as if I saw a light blush on her cheeks, just as I had seen the other night when I kissed her cheek.

"Um. I was wondering if you were free, at some point of the day, to talk to us. It's regarding something really important and I feel like your advice would really help a lot." I said, nervous that she would turn us down. She looked at us for a second with a dazed look in her eyes, most likely talking to Sky about what they should do.

"We don't mind listening to you about the situation. But can I ask what it's about?"

"Of course it's about-"

"Grace! We have to have a meeting about-" Ryder said as he came rushing through the hall. We both looked at him alarmed by his sudden appearance.

"Alpha Storm." He said in a curt manner.

"Alpha Lucas." I responding in the same tone.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I need Grace for an important meeting."

"Of course no need to apologize. I hope to continue this conversation at a later time." I said, sending a small smile toward Grace. She nodded her head and returned the smile.

"I'll find you later Xavier." She said as she walked toward the meeting room with Ryder's figure towering next to her.

"Good day Alpha Storm."

"Same to you Alpha." I said as I stood at the same spot until I saw their figures disappear completely.

I hope we can talk to her. James said in a sad tone.

I'm sure we will. I said knowing well that I will be paying her another visit later that night. I smiled to myself wondering how the conversation would go. Maybe being in control wouldn't be that bad.