Guilt

James' POV (The night he visited Grace in her room)

I stomped out of her room after our conversation trying to calm myself down before I said or did something else I would regret. I took in deep breaths as what she said kept replaying in my head. I was livid. I entered my room slamming the door behind me not caring who could hear me. I paced back and forth running my hands through my hair frustrated that someone else had her. Why didn't she tell me who he is! How dare she not tell me! Doesn't she know she's mine and mine alone.

Can you blame her!? She had every right to leave after what you did to her! And you still act like you're superior to her! Haven't you realized that attitude of yours won't win her over!

Shut up Xavier ! She will be mine and she will tell me who that pup's father is so I can rip him apart.

Whatever... you are the most stupid male I have ever met. Talking to you is useless you won't ever understand the true value of a mate. You will NEVER win her over when you're being hostile toward her and that pup.

I can't help it she was supposed to give birth to my young not someone else's! How do you think that I feel knowing that someone else impregnated her. She's mine! We were supposed to be a family

HOW DO I THINK YOU FEEL. WHAT ABOUT HOW I FEEL. MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW ABOUT SHE FEELS. You are horrible, arrogant Alpha male jackass who doesn't deserve her. YOU raped her. YOU hurt her. YOU rejected her. He growled out angry at the pain I caused our mate.

I get it Xavier! I DID IT ALL! I was the one who fucked up our chance to have a loving mate and possibly a good family...

Yes you cost me MY mate. No matter how much I told you to stop. No matter how much I tried to take over so you can stop from making the BIGGEST mistake from happening. YOU wouldn't let me... Now I have to suffer as well due to your mistake!

He snarled as he retracted into the back of mind. I sighed throwing myself on my bed burying my face into my pillow. He was right, as much as I hated to admit it, it was all my fault that she was so angry with us. Thinking back to that night Xavier was the angriest wolf I could ever imagine. I remember how much he begged me to stop and kept trying to gain control of my body, but I wouldn't let him. He was furious at me for what we had done to our mate and that I didn't let him stop it. From that day on Xavier stopped being there for me he was no longer a part of me but was his own person. He's been getting harder and harder to control and to shift on command. That day I lost more than just my mate I lost my wolf too. I should've listened to him.. I should've let him take control... I should've been the mate she deserved.

Xavier was right about another thing too she would never forgive me if I kept being angry towards her and her pup. But everytime I think about that fact that someone touched my mate got me furious. I had to cool off before I did something else I regretted so I decided to run in my human form since Xavier was upset with me at the moment. I ran for hours before I noticed that the sun had started to rise so I headed back to the pack house and shower. After my shower I realized that I probably won't get any sleep I decided to head downstairs since I could get some food and alone time before people came down.

I started walking downstairs when suddenly the strong smell of vanilla and strawberries hit my nose. I quickly went down the stairs and into the kitchen where the lovely scent of my mate was. I slowly entered the kitchen where she was making pancake with that pup of hers. I stayed quiet watching her and the pup as they made breakfast together while she listened to him babble on about something. She looked so beautiful when she smiled down at him. It's a sight that I was not used to seeing. The more I looked at her and the pup the more I wondered what it would've been like if I hadn't fucked everything up. Would she have been happy with me? Would that have been our pup? Oh I how I wished that her and that pup were mine. She must've sensed that I was watching her because she turned around and once she saw it was me she threw me a hard glare. I walked a little closer to her.

"Good morning Grace." She didn't turn around but instead told me to leave her alone. She then grabbed her pup from the counter and placed him into a highchair with food. Once he was fed she walked back into the kitchen and I followed. She stared at me as if she could tell I wanted to say something, so I did.

"Grace please let me show you I've changed. I'm not the same person I was before I care about you and want to be real mates with you." I begged sincerely trying to get my point across to her. She said nothing as she crossed her arms as she leaned back on the counter.

Finally you did something right. Sneered Xavier

Not now. I said as I felt him go to the back of my mind. She looked at me as if she was trying to figure me out. And just as she was about to say something the one person I wished would never come up to me while I was with Grace appeared. Chloe.

Just great.

Fuck.