Nightmare

Grace's POV

It's been days since we left the pack house and have not stopped running since that night out of fear that they'd catch us and bring us back to James. Sky took over since that night to make sure we'd be protected. I kept thinking in my head scared at the thought that he might find us again and hurt not only us but our unborn pup as well. The face that we were pregnant was the only thing that kept us running we would never allow our pup to be harmed. Although my maternal instincts were strong, I still couldn't believe that we were pregnant and that fast I knew that wolves pregnancies were short but I never thought that they were this short. 

It's because he's an Alpha and the pregnancies for Alphas are only 4 months so the pup inside us is growing fast. 

I see. 

Grace.

What's up Sky? Are you okay?

Yes but I need to rest for a bit so I'm going to give you control now, but I will take over if a problem should occur. 

Ok Sky I'll try to find water and a place to stay for the night.

Alright Gray.

 I felt my bones start to morph back before Sky give me back control and went to the corner of my mind. I grabbed some sweats and a hoodie from the bag that we brought with us and slipped on some shoes before putting the bag on my back and walked through the forest on foot. I spent a while trying to find a place where it seemed safe for us to rest but eventually  walked toward the smell of fresh water. I decided that the best place for us to sleep was near the river that I had found. I threw the bag on the floor near a tree and laid down on it using it as a pillow getting comfortable for the long night ahead. 

Looking up toward the sky I started to rub my stomach thinking about how our pup would come out and if he would look more like me than his father. Would it share the same traits that its father had or would be it be a sweet and kind child. Even though I hadn't met it yet I already loved it so much and would die for it. Thankfully we were able to escape that same night he attacked us I don't know what i would've done if we had stayed there with that monster. What he would've done to my sweet baby. I wonder how far we had gotten from the pack since Sky had taken us through miles of thick forest where we would be able to hide easily. Hopefully we were far enough where our bond wouldn't affect me or Sky. Yawning I decide it's time for me to sleep and turn to my side carefully cradling my slight baby bump content with what was growing within me. 

************************************

I looked around confused at where I was and how I got there. I coughed at the thick smoke that surrounded me making it impossible to see and breathe. I covered my nose and mouth with my hand while moving forward in hopes that I would find an exit to this endless fog. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. I jumped at the sound the echoing sound that seemed to come from every direction. 

"HELLO!!!" I screamed as I felt my heart race pick up. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. The sound seemed to get closer to me. I was spinning around trying to make sense of where the sound was coming from but the thick smoke prevented me from seeing any type of danger. 

"Oh Graceee." A familiar voice called out. The taunt in his voice made a shiver go down my spine I was terrified. 

"Wh-who are you?" I was panicking at this point unsure of what his intentions were and how he had found me. 

"Oh Gracie how could you forget about me?" Then out of the smoke came out James confirming my fears of who was in the smoke. He circled around me like I was prey near taking his eyes off me as if he was ready to pounce. 

"No. B-but how?" I said feeling my blood turn cold at how he was looking at me. 

"Well mate I couldn't just leave the way you did now could I? You really thought you could run away from me!?  Your Alpha mate!" James voice was full of power and rage as he yelled at me. His eyes turned a terrifying bloody red that almost seemed to glow. 

"I-I-I'm s-sorry Alpha." I said in a voice full of fear. I couldn't believe he found us! I didn't care if I was hurt but I had protect my pup! I quickly put my hand over my stomach to find that I no longer had the small baby bump.

"M-My ba-" I sobbed feeling my now flat stomach and looking down to see blood running down my legs. My body seemed to lose any sort of strength I had as I fell to my knees shocked at what happened. 

"That pathetic thing!! I killed it. I couldn't have a son as weak as its mother now could I?" Smirking at me as he watched me cry at the lost of my baby. Wrapping my arms around my stomach I sobbed even harder. I couldn't believe he killed my baby..What kind of monster was I mated to? Why must the Moon Goddess pair me with such a horrendous mate?

"Oh mate don't cry." He said crouching down and grabbing my chin roughly so I would make eye contact with him. " You won't ever be alone  you have us. You will must satisfy my wolf and I until the day you die. Now come here we have been so lonely without our dear mate." A wicked smile carved onto his face as he grabbed me like he once did before and began to rip the clothes off my body.

"NO!" I pounded on his chest. I thrashed, kicked, bit and yelled for him to stop but only evil laughs came out of his mouth.

"NO!! NO!!! STOP!!"

*************************************

I bolted awake morphing into my wolf jumping onto my paws in a protective stance looking around to make sure he wasn't there before shifting back into my human form.  I sat back on the forest floor wrapping my arms around my stomach letting out a sigh of relief once I felt the hard bump that was poking out of my body. My rapid breathing and nightmare thoughts seemed to bring Sky out from my mind to try and soothe me. 

Gray that will never happen.

Oh Sky what if he finds us. I cried out terrified that the nightmare I had would come true. 

We will become stronger. For now I will protect you and our pup Gray. Now shift back I need to be ready incase someone tries to attack us.

Ok Sky. I shifted back into my white wolf and curled up into a ball once more.

Goodnight Gray I love you don't worry I will be here to protect you.

Goodnight Sky I love you too and I know. 

I was able to finally get some sleep.