• Twenty One •

Start from the beginning

  "Yeah! We'll get them next time for sure! Yuno! I'm never going to lose to you! I'm going to keep getting stronger and stronger!" Asta held his fist out to Yuno.

  "And I'll continue to get even stronger than you." He retorted back.

  "Then I'm going to keep trying more, more, and more!" Asta tried again. You listened to their bickering and sighed.

   "Boys will be boys." You said quietly to Noelle and Mimosa, who nodded in agreement.

  "And then..." Asta started with something different this time.

  "I'll become the Wizard King!" Asta and Yuno said in sync.

  "You two get along so well!" Mimosa sounded serious, but there had to be some sarcasm in there. Even the two brothers were confused. Yuno closed his eyes and turned his head to the side.

  "Not a chance." He sighed. Klaus announced that they should be taking their leave, which they did quickly. Mimosa started to walk away but turned around when she remembered something.

  Oh, yes! Sister Theresa just woke up a little while ago. One of your squad-mates is with her. You should go visit her!" Your mouth turned into a smile and you nodded. Mimosa took her leave along with Yuno and Klaus while you, Asta, and Noelle made your way to where Sister Theresa was resting, which was just across the hall. As you got closer to the door, you heard some arguing. Since Mimosa told you Gauche was in the room as well, you assumed he was arguing with the sister. Asta opened the door to her room and excused himself in, you following close behind. Marie heard his voice, turning around and running to greet him. She clung onto Asta's arm and he swung her around, leaving Gauche in a frozen state. You were sure he was going to kill Asta. Once he places Marie down she told Asta how worried about him she was, Asta claiming he would never die. You turned away and walked over to Sister Theresa.

  "It's good to see that you're alright, Sister." You told her, placing your hands on your hips. She looked at you and laughed a little.

  "I may be an old woman, but I'm a fighter! It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill me!" She said, laughing again, you joining in this time with a lighter, but heartfelt laugh. Asta came over with Marie to check on Theresa.

  "Who do you think I am? More importantly, when I tell Sister Lily about all of your heroic deeds this time, I'm sure she'll be pleased." Hearing this made Asta cheer out in excitement. Noelle poked her head in to say that you had to leave soon.

  "Wait, there's one place we have to visit first." You turned you head to look confusedly at Asta.

{Time Skip-Nean}

  You sat at a table in between Asta and one of Rebecca's brother's eating the meal of strictly pot potatoes that she had made. You were surprised that Noelle was enjoying the food, and Asta was eating bowls upon bowls of the food. Meanwhile, Gauche was sitting at a far away table, glaring at Asta and mumbling something to himself. You slowly ate from different plates, trying each of the different variations of the potatoes.

  'These really do dry out your mouth, don't they?' You thought.

  "Asta! Thank you for lending me your robe!" Marco held out Asta's robe that was much too big for him.

  "Sure! It looks like you kept it clean, just like you promised." Asta replied with a mouth full of food. Marco proudly smiled. You finished your food and stood up with Noelle and Asta, him slipping his robe over his head.

  "Your robe may be fine, but look how beat up you got. You're so helpless without me." Noelle retorted and turned her head away.