[twenty three]

Zacznij od początku

"Draco, I just want what makes you happy." Narcissa smiled and carefully wiped the tears away from her face "If you and the rest of your friends can come around, how hard will it be for me?"

-----

When they returned to Hogwarts, the Slytherins immediately made a beeline for their respective quarters while Hermione rushed to inform McGonagall of Draco's sudden decision to sleepover at Malfoy Manor in hopes that the headmistress won't "transfigure her head into a rock" in anger.

Celine and Theo were just about to descend the last flight of stairs leading to the Slytherin dungeons, when Viktor caught up to them "Cel!" he called out 

the Slytherin pair whipped around in surprise "Viktor! You wanted to speak with me?" she raised two worried brows at her friend 

"Yes, it's rather important." Viktor said, glancing at Theo's keen expression watching them

"Anything  you need to tell her, you can say in front of me." Theo met his eyes in challenge

Viktor resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He found it amusing that Theo insisted on picking a fight every time, because nobody dared do that to him. He was Viktor Krum. Nobody really glared at Viktor Krum. However, no matter how amusing it was, Theo's causing him to waste time. "You should know, Nott, that I'm not after your girl. She's simply a good friend I can confide in." Viktor told him pointedly before turning to look at Celine "I was sorted with your friend, Astoria, earlier. I'd like to have a word with her after dinner, can you set us up?"

Celine almost giggled. Theodore was stone-faced next to her, but she can feel his embarrassment radiating off of his body "I'll set you up, don't worry. Where would you like to meet?"

"The courtyard should be fine." Viktor smiled 

Celine returned it and said "You're both very lucky to have been sorted with each other. Astoria is a wonderful person."

"Then, consider me ecstatic to meet her." Viktor grinned "Cel?" he called, before they parted ways

"Yes?"

"That boy's reaction to me every single time should be enough hint to you about how he feels." Viktor winked, causing Theo to turn beet red "Excuse me?" Theo spluttered out 

"See you around." He spun around to the direction of Gryffindor tower with an extra bounce in his step

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't run his cocky arse down."  Theo said through gritted teeth 

"You always were very possessive about things you thought were yours." Celine said thoughtfully as she continued to climb down the stairs "I'm surprised you let Hermione go." 

"Hermione was never mine to keep in the first place." Theo said, a hint of bitterness lacing his words

Celine didn't say anything after that, and so their walk back to the Slytherin dungeons was a quiet one. Theo was regretting his words as he took each step, 'Stupid, Theodore. You shouldn't have mentioned Hermione.' he thought to himself. Cel didn't look troubled at all though; she looked as calm and gracious as ever. However, Theodore knew how amazing an actress she was, and so he wasn't sure whether to worry or not. 

He sighed as he walked her towards the door leading towards the girls' dormitory "Celine, I'm--"

Celine shut him up with a kiss on his lips "Hush, I know" she smiled sadly "You don't need to keep being territorial with me, Theo. I'm not going anywhere. We're doing this together, okay?"

"Cel--" Theo began, but she interrupted him with a finger to his lips 

"We'll submit our names next week, alright? There's no need to be so possessive, nobody's whisking me away." Celine chuckled lightly "I had hoped to give our names when we've...established an appropriate relationship for it, but if this is the only way to assure you that I'm in this with you, then so be it."