Chapter 16

Lilian swallowed a large gulp as she did her best to act natural as a covetous Arthur made his way toward her. She shuffles slightly in the mans lap, only stopping the conversation when the group of men realised that was Arthur in front of them.

"Er, can we help you, friend?" The gentlemen's tone is cocky as he shares looks and awkward laughs with his group.

"We ain't no friends, mr. Lilian come along now." Arthur's patience and temper was running thin as the mere sight of Lilian sat on another mans lap was driving him crazy.

"Lilian do you know this man?" The men look towards a rather satisfied Lilian, merely humoured by Arthur's frustration. The Van Der Linde men and woman stood near the bar, keeping themselves casual but aware of the situation just in case any trouble was to happen.

Lilian didn't know what to say as her eyes flickered from Arthur to the gang. She knew if she caused anymore trouble there would be some sort of argument due to how drunk everyone was. She rolled her eyes and gave a sweet smile to the man, placing a hand softly on his chest as a sign of reassurance. "Yes unfortunately. I'll be right back, don't you worry." She only received an unconfident smile before following Arthur.

Arthur leads them out to the side of the bar, where he paces back and forth a few times before speaking up, pushing is hair back. "What are you doing out? Has Dutch lost his mind letting you out?" Arthur exclaims, his eyebrows furrowing not being able to keep still from frustration; trying his hardest to be some what sober as well.

"Why do you care?" Lilian rolls her eyes, giving a blunt bored tone. She doesn't look at Arthur, just folds her arms and looks to the floor beside her.

"Because I just do. We are going back to camp now. You've made a fool of yourself enough right." He goes to grab her arm to pull her away from the bar, but he's not surprised to see her retaliate.

"Get off me. You made it clear how you felt for me. I can do what the hell I like. You and no other man for that matter can tell me what to do. Go back inside and leave me alone." Lilian bites back, looking up to him, noticing the furrow in his brows. Arthur doesn't waste anymore time, choosing not to continue the argument here. He is quick in his movements as he takes a hold of Lilian, tossing her over his shoulder, making is way towards Solitaire. "Put me down, you big imbecile." Arthur still doesn't reply as he places her on top of Solitaire, giving her no time to remove herself as he climbs on top as well.

Lilian continues to babble on as Arthur rides to camp, not listening to a word as he wouldn't be able to get a word in himself. When they finally arrive into camp, Dutch overhears the squabbling of Lilian and the heavy hooves of Solitaire causing him to make his way out slowly towards them. "I don't really understand what your problem is, Arthur." Lillian slides down from Solitaire, storming towards her tent, leaving Arthur to run along after her.

"My problem is you parading yourself around casually, acting like a floozy. You could get caught soon and we'll be locked up." Arthur raised his voice as he followed behind.

"Good riddance." Lilian didn't mean that but when talking to Arthur she usually would get angry from the amount of built up emotion she had for him.

"You're just being silly now. Naive and silly." Arthur wafts is hand like he's finished with the conversation but notices Dutch making his way towards them. Arthur rolls his eyes, mellowing his mood slightly so Dutch doesn't suspect much.

"Is everything okay, Miss Jackleson? Why are you back so soon?" Dutch spoke,  concerned, looking to Arthur with a slight confused look.

"Everything's okay, Dutch. I just don't get why she was out. It's like you're throwing her out as bait for us to get caught." Lilian turns back around walking towards Arthur and Dutch steadily.

"There's no harm in it. She's more trustworthy than you think. She ain't gone run back to home just yet." Dutch had a slight smirk on is face, indicating Arthur  being one of the reasons she hasn't chosen to flee just yet. There was Arthur but also the new found sense of independency, even if she was still technically captured by the gang.

Lilian looked at Dutch with slight discomfort as she knew he had an idea of what she was staying for. Arthur is oblivious at this point to what Dutch was suggesting and continued to ramble about why the group shouldn't be letting Lilian be a part of their ways of work.

After a while, Dutch interrupts Arthur, patting his back for him to quit his rambling. For Lilian Arthur's words were going in one ear and out of the other. She didn't know really how Arthur felt for her at the moment, confused on why he cared about the situation as much as he did. She shrugged it off though as she was holding her usual stubbornness towards him. "Right pipe it down. You've both had a little too much to drink. But I'll not be sending her on any more jobs if it would bring you comfort Arthur." Dutch suggests, with a slight questioning tone.

"Yes, it's would." Arthur begins but quickly starts to reform what he was meant to say. "I mean, like I said just don't think it's wise of you to send her out."

Dutch smirks at Arthur's response and shrugging his shoulders, self-satisfied. "Okay my boy. My apologies Lilian." Dutch turns on his feel towards back to his tent, leaving the couple to settle things between themselves.

Lilian looks to Arthur with a dissatisfied expression, folding her arms which happen to push her breasts up more in the tight corset, giving Arthur more of a struggle to take his eyes off her delectable form. "You're ridiculous." Lilian speaks in a blunt, disinterested tone.

Arthur's eyes avert back to Lilians stern eyes. "No, you're ridiculous. You never think." Arthur's comments only prod at Lilian more as he talks about her naivety. "You're more unaware than you think. Life ain't like the big ol' mansion with daddy's protection."

"I know, you big idiot. If you keep annoying me more though, it will just make me act up more. Keep it up and you will be in cosy cell if you're not careful, Mr Morgan." Lilian bites harshly as she leans forward, speaking through gritted teeth. Her words are slightly fumbled from the drinking. "Don't be getting jealous of another mans touch and attention, it felt good for a moment."

Arthur's teeth soon grit as he angers at Lilian's cocky tone, his eyes slowly narrowing. Lilian shifts to turn away and walk but is soon stopped when Arthur's large hand wraps tightly around her wrist, feeling as if he was holding a soft feather. Pulling her back towards him, Lilian gasps trying to shake from Arthur's hold. The more she struggled, the tighter his clutch got.  Lilian's eyes make contact with Arthur's, as he pulls her close to his chest, her scowl softening from intimidation and the closeness between the two of them. "You better watch your mouth." Arthur's tone of voice roughens. "You keep testing my patience then me and you will have issues, darlin."

"L-Let go of me." Lilian tries to yank her hand back but Arthur's touch remains firm, pulling her closer so their chests touch, his face close to hers. "And what are you going to do? Huh?"

"Don't test me, Lilian. Be a good girl or else." Arthurs breath warming Lilian's already flushed cheeks, his stare causing her to take a large gulp. Before he can continue his sentence, his lips are slowly grazing above Lilian's plump one and he feels her breath begin to pick up. A slight smile rises to his lips as he senses the way he can make her feel. How her lips tremble and how her skin shows goosebumps.

Satisfied with Lilian's reaction to him, Arthur lets go of her wrist causing her to stumble back a little. Lilian rubs her wrist, exchanging a shy glance with Arthur before sheepishly going back to her tent to recover from the immense tension that was held between the two of them. Arthur's anger and lust for Lilian had slightly gotten the better of him at the time, but it felt so worth it to him, just feel her so close once again.  

(Hi sorry for the wait! Work has been manic, I haven't had the time to write much unfortunately, mainly in my spare time which is usually on the bus to work!) enjoy tho!!!