Chapter 15

♡

Lilian made her way around the camp the next morning, placing the sewn and folded shirts at the entry of the tents. "Thank you, Miss." She heard a rough peep from Uncle, the camps odd older member. Lilian didn't know what his use was as he rarely did anything but complain about some ridiculous illness that she had never heard of.

When Lilian had reached her last tent, that being Arthur's, she simply placed them on his bed and wondered back to her own. Luckily for her, Arthur was not there so there would be no awkward exchanges. She didn't want anything to bother her surprisingly cheery mood today. Excitement had been building in her most of the night after Karen had a discussion about going out to the bar in another close by town near Valentine. Although it would be risky, Karen made a promise she'd be able to keep her safe, along with Mary-Beth and Tilly. Of course Arthur hadn't heard much about this but he would definitely give his own opinion to not allow it.

When it had reached late afternoon, the girls had begun to doll themselves up for whoever they could impress in the bar. Karen gave Lilian a few style tips, mainly making sure she had cleavage so she had some sultry vibe to her, even if it was hard to make the young glowing woman look slightly rough. Surprisingly, Dutch had allowed the girls to take Lillian out, as long as they brought back some stolen goods and kept the girl safe. Dutch was a bit too trusting lately and really didn't think Lilian could be took when he had men scouting many of the areas. He had even got a few of the men to go out in the same town for the evening, both the women and the men being unaware they were out and about.

"Do I have to have this much of my breasts showing?" Lilian looked at herself in a dirty mirror that balanced atop of a chest on the side of a wagon, seeing her light rosy pink dress altered into more of risky version.

"You got a great pair show em." Karen shrugged as before lighting a cigarette. "Honestly, men are dumb...They see a pretty face and then all their trust goes into that, you'll easily be able to trick a few tonight."

Lilian was apprehensive about her doing any business for the gang. She didn't know whether she'd be able to go through with it, but Karen had reassured herself that a few whiskeys would give Lilian a new confidence about it. Karen would shortly have Uncle ride them in to town in a  horse and cart, dropping Karen, Lillian, Tilly and Mary-Beth just outside the entrance to the path that lead up through the town. It was lit up more and a lot less dingy compared to Valentines centre, but still had many flaws to it.

"Now Lillian, two at a time so we don't seem so suspicious. Karen and Tilly, then me and you." Mary-Beth shared with Lilian a few rules and tips before they entered the bar, Karen and Tilly already leaving and making a start at business there. "Playing dumb is a trick of mine, men love to talk about themselves so get them to educate even though they usually talk absolute rubbish." Lilian noted as many points as she could mentally as Mary-Beth and her made their way up to the bar doors, loud merry music and laughter could be heard through most the town which erupted from inside the place.

Lilian could feel her upper lip and forehead sweat immensely as the warm, alcohol fuelled bodies and smoke made the air moist. Her and Mary-Beth took a place near a few gentlemen that were instantly keen in the young bodies before them. "Jenson, two drinks for these two pretty dolls." A taller man spoke across from them to the bartender, beckoning his fingers which instantly brought Lilian and Mary-Beth a gin.

Mary-Beth winked at Lilian as she noticed quickly a man beckon her over to his table. "I'll go do my magic, remember your tips." Lilian's eyebrows furrowed as she begun to panic, coughing a little at her strong drink. She watched Mary-Beth and the girls and their flirtatious and cunning ways. Karen was soon disappearing with a man upstairs, same for Tilly and Mary-Beth was straddling the acquaintances lap.