Chapter 7

The next morning was a mad rush, nerves fuelling the camp. Lilian had awoken to Miss Grimshaw shoving a washed dress into her tent. It was the a simple baby blue skirt and cream blouse to make her pass off as a simple wife to Micah.

Arthur made his way over to Lilian when she peered out of her tent, handing her a small revolver. His eyes flickered for a second over her figure then back up to her face. "Take this. For if anyone gives you problems."

"No, I don't know how to use it also I have no pockets. I don't have any nerve to kill anyone." Lilian shook her head and laughed nervously at Arthur, pushing the gun away gently. "Just look after me."

"You're gonna have to learn to use one sooner or later." Arthur said as he put the gun back in his holster. "A group not as nice as us may come along to your fancy house."

"Nice as you? Jeez I didn't even realise you guys were being nice." Lilian jokes, rolling her eyes a little before heading towards her horse the camp had lent her.

"Hey, we could of killed you by now but we haven't." Arthur put his hands up in defence as he followed Lilian, going to his horse beside hers. "I could of killed you for stealing my horse too the other night. Consider yourself lucky."

"I stole your horse?" Lilian cringed as she tried to climb up on to her horse, struggling to put her foot in the stirrup.

"Of course. Why else would I come after you?." Arthur gave a dubious smile as he gives his stallion, Solitaire, a quick pat before he came behind Lilian. His hands going to her waist before he gives her a boost up onto the umber horse. "A daft dress like that ain't meant for riding a horse. You look a little too good to be Micah's wife."

Lilian and Arthur keep eye contact for a moment as they both didn't know if he was complimenting her or not. "Um...If you're going to be rude, Mr Morgan, I may just make a run for it whilst we re in strawberry." Lilian continues to annoy and joke with Arthur as she began to become more confident as they were getting closer to heading out to Strawberry. Arthur had begun to grow more keen on Lilian, even if he did find her to come across stubborn at times.

On the way to Strawberry it was damp and the fog was heavy, making it hard to have a clear direction of where to head although the weather was in their favour of making the breakout of Micah easier. Strawberry was a rather small town, much like Valentine but Strawberry was a little neater and the people were slightly more friendly and clueless. They stopped off at the side of the road once they were quite close to Strawberry's centre. "Okay. You're going to ride up ahead and halt near the jail. I'll be behind, it will look less suspicious if we aren't together." Lilian nodded to Arthur's orders soon and trotted forward trying to find where the prison would be before spotting a dingy little building. She awkwardly dismounted her horse, bringing attention to her as she stumbled back a little. Arthur watched carefully from afar, he rolls his eyes as she wobbled from the horse.

Lilian makes her way sheepishly up to the jail door, not knowing whether to knock or just wander in so she stands staring at the door for a second. She wasn't used to the town life at all and certainly had never been in or near a jail. She takes a confident breath before entering. She's met by a rather cheery sheriff who stands quickly, clearing his throat as she turns to him after closing the door with a smile. "Ah how can I help possibly help you, Miss? This isn't really the sorta place a pretty thing like yourself would generally be."